Northern Oak

my new source!

how much are they? hung bros charge a premium for them...

unless you getting it from overseas

I am waiting for my senn hd600 kekeke

Check out with Mackie and you will find out, cannot reveal too much but you will REGRET if you miss out this offer. Trust me!!! happy.gif

Edited by Northern Oak

hehe.. good stuffs are meant to be shared mah

share leh.. hehehe..

if the offer is good I might get it instead of hd600

It's definitely cheaper than your hd600, email Mackie and perhaps you can audition the CD6000OSE with the DT880 as well.

there's a power-buy sticky for the 880s. go check it there lah. and mackie's chosen to keep his prices private, so respect that yes.gif

hehhee. I am getting the hd600 from someone for 300 only.

So I wonder if the dt880 can be as cheap as that, I will definately take the plunge. I would expect the dt880 to cost at least 400 though happy.gif

Sorry Guyferd, can't comment on it. Since you're getting the HD600, wonder if you could tell me whether it has that veiled performance later on? It has been so widely talked about and some say that the veiled sound actually helps one to envisage the performance hall/studio. Thanks.

hehhee. I am getting the hd600 from someone for 300 only.

So I wonder if the dt880 can be as cheap as that, I will definately take the plunge. I would expect the dt880 to cost at least 400 though  happy.gif

I must say 300 bucks for the HD600 (used) is a rather good price.

Please check the cable and try unplugging and re-plug it to ensure connection is not overly loose as this is the weakest link. I've a friend who used to work as a techie at Sennheiser and he told me most of the negative feedback is the cable which can dislodge pretty easily.

If all else is fine, U should still be a happy bird Guyferd. happy.gif

I just learnt U've the OBH-11SE for headamp which is a very good match to the Grado. In the case of HD600, its rich upper bass-lower mid range may not suit your headamp sonically, more ideal for the X-cans. Have U tried the cans with your headamp yet? Of course, this is my own opinion and I don't wish for any member to regret on their purchases if all of us could be of help. I've gone through patches of this in my long road to sonic heaven. blush.gif

Edited by Mackie

kekeke..

yeah, I have tried hd600, only for a while, in rameish's house.

My opinion : with the obh-11se and his marantz 6000, the senn does vocals like no other cans, subjectively speaking anyway.

The sound is very warm( I like), smooth and the strength lies in vocal. Utada hikaru's vocal appears as though she is right there in front of me.. very life like.

This is what I like about the can. Probably it has got to do with the setup also.

I don't remember hearing any veil.. well.. probably because I have untrained ears. But even if it does, I can safely say that it doesn't destroy the sound. In my opinion, the veil is there for a reason (try digging the head-fi thread on this), some people commented it is there because senn engineers want to make it like live performance. I am not sure how true is this.

But in my case, the hd600 is a very pleasnt cans for vocals and orchestral.

Anyway, I've recently bought Tim janis' cd: with american symphony orchestra, recorded at alice tully hall. Very nice cd.. the songs are dead-on relaxing...

I wonder if there are anymore such relaxing cds..(I am sure alot)lol.. right now I am crazy about instrumental music

if you listen to nothing but the Senns HD600s, you won't find the veil apparent. what you need to do is listen to some other pair of headphones right before or right after listening to the 600s, and you'll immediately notice it. me personally..can't take it. It just feels like all the music's not quite there. but its not hard to imagine many people being real happy with their 600s, since its probably the only pair of cans they've listened to innocent.gif

lol.. maybe you're right.

when you switch from one to another immediately, you will notice the veil.

But I've listened to many cans. AT W100, beyer dt770, dt250, ad7, are some of the better cans that I've listened to.

Of course I don't have the access to the mdr r10, cd3000 grado rs-1 and whatsoever.. coz it's hell way above my budget lah..

kekeke..

yeah, I have tried hd600, only for a while, in rameish's house.

My opinion : with the obh-11se and his marantz 6000, the senn does vocals like no other cans, subjectively speaking anyway.

The sound is very warm( I like), smooth and the strength lies in vocal. Utada hikaru's vocal appears as though she is right there in front of me.. very life like.

This is what I like about the can. Probably it has got to do with the setup also.

I don't remember hearing any veil.. well.. probably because I have untrained ears. But even if it does, I can safely say that it doesn't destroy the sound. In my opinion, the veil is there for a reason (try digging the head-fi thread on this), some people commented it is there because senn engineers want to make it like live performance. I am not sure how true is this.

But in my case, the hd600 is a very pleasnt cans for vocals and orchestral.

Anyway, I've recently bought Tim janis' cd: with american symphony orchestra, recorded at alice tully hall. Very nice cd.. the songs are dead-on relaxing...

I wonder if there are anymore such relaxing cds..(I am sure alot)lol.. right now I am crazy about instrumental music

I have similar setup like that u hearnt at Mr. Rameish's place. Pls refer to my home setup. Late night listen of melancholic femal vocals like NaYing, WanFang or XingSiaoChi, sassy vocal of Norah Jones is fantastic...i mean that is to my ears only.

IMHO, we should listen to music...not listen to "cans", why purposely go and switch among cans to detect the veil... cans is there to let u listen to music, of course u get better music from better cans...ultimately is that your cans lets you enjoy the music u like.

finger point to the moon - r u referring to the moon u finger is pointing or the finger that point to the moon?

i m a senn supportor, heehee tongue.gif

u use a dvd player as source? blink.giftongue.gif

IMHO, we should listen to music...not listen to "cans", why purposely go and switch among cans to detect the veil... cans is there to let u listen to music, of course u get better music from better cans...ultimately is that your cans lets you enjoy the music u like.

Well its because some of us heard other phones before trying the senns and finding that the veil is just too much too bear. Those who heard only the 580/600 will probably not notice the veil and may even like it depending on your taste.