Sign in to follow this  
cmk

When's the next meet?

I think the main problem was to get the particulars of everybody before going into SP. If we can find another location without having to get the particulars, would that work out better?

Well, whoever organise the whichever meet has taken pains to book a place and work out all the cost and such. Don't forget he gets nothing out of it. So its just fair we all play by his rules. Of course as long as its not a crazy request. Ya?

Organising events at work is different, you get paid to do it ....

Hahaha... you're kidding right, since when? That's not even my primary or even secondary job!

HPC & av98m: Feed? Cann... but not everyday. House? Maybe not free but how about, cheap digs ok with you? smoke.gif

Well we all do crap at work that is not part of our official job description..........that we cannot refuse.

Cheap digs? As long as it's not overrun with lizards or other pests and has electricity and a flushing toilet..... lol.gif

Those that want a meet can get together and discuss the distribution of labour. Actually it doesn't even have to be a big sgh thing, small informal gatherings organised in private outside the forum can be pretty good. Personally I enjoy these by-invitation-only kind of gatherings a lot more than big crowded ones. No need attendance list, no need to pay for a venue, just use somebody's house.

"By invitation gatherings" is a totally different thing plus you can do that anytime you want between yourselves. Whatever happened to the community spirit? Helping new people get exposure. Remember, we were once newbies too & look at how much we've learned/gained from proper meets.

cmk, since you made the suggestion how about you taking on the task? I'm sure alot of us here are willing to assist you along the way. It doesn't necessarily have to be at the SPGG. Rather than labouring on the difficulties why don't we get the ball rolling by having a show of hands who would like to attend a meet & we work form there.

I don't mind getting the ball rolling, but I don't know where else (assuming its not SPGG) to hold it. My office on a Sat? rolleyes.gif

We can use the conference room, there are power points, and yes, I do have my own office.

Err... what happened? I thought there are pp interested and mentioned support for this? No comments?

May Day all go out and play party.gif

Anyway it seems like its working out CMK. If you don't mind.

Anyway it seems like its working out CMK. If you don't mind.

working out? sorli hor, me no understando wat er u mean er. blink.gif

Im here, im here! Is the conference room available? How much to rent?

We can use the conference room, there are power points, and yes, I do have my own office.

Goody. Preparing some new toys... Let's see cool.gif

It would help if you confirm seriously first whether you can get the said room. As it is there is nothing to go on.

Are there alternative locations?

I'll check on the airconditioning on a Sat afternoon. Usually its quiet on Sat cos we don't work Sat.

Food is not a problem as there's 2 food centres below plus Macs, KFC, etc...

The conf room can only accomodate about 12, but there are other rooms which could be used too.

i was jogging past the singapore expo earlier and i made a quick pit stop to the toilet and i saw that they had 'meeting rooms' on the 2nd floor... hows that? Only thing is that i dunno who to approach to ask about reservations and cost?