RawHit

Why do most buyers have this attitude (Rant)

Few weeks ago I posted some of the items for sale here (the thread is still there) and I have been fairly disappointed with the attitude of some of the buyers who got in touch with me. no.gif

This post is not towards anybody specific but I have noticed that quite a few people have a tendency to make low ball offers. I would have prefered to keep a fair price and have a smooth transaction instead of haggling over a few dollars. But it seems like people get some kind of satisfaction in bargaining irrespective of the price being quoted.

Also many folks after a lot of PMs and mails, did not bother to let me know that they are no longer intested in the item. This just makes the situation more difficult for a seller as he can't give a concrete response to somebody else who might be interested.

Another set of people whom I have a bigger problem with, are the one who try to come across as somebody who does not have enough money, expecting that the price be reduced on that basis. But a lot of times when I checked the profile of these folks I find that they own audio equipment much more expensive than the one they are trying to buy.

All I can say here is that if you genuinely cant afford an equipment (and unless one is extremely rich, there will always be something that s out of budget) either look for something in your price range or start saving and wait for sometime to buy it.

I just wish that transacting on sgheadphones was a more pleasant experience than it has turned out to be.

[/Rant]

Sounds familliar.

I guess it is just part and parcel for selling things.............. anywhere.

I feel your pain. Some of these guys trying to give the impression that they're extremely hard up use mobile phones or pdas that cost a thousand dollars or more! w00t.gif

Edited by av98m

I personally think this is worse.

http://www.echoloft.com/cgi-bin/buysell/Ya...&num=1083132716

pure profiteering. and this "person" has trolled over to sgh as well.

I'm sure most of you would know the cost of this cable from LHS.

I can't believe someone would be so blatant.

Buyer Beware...Indeed.

Chris.

PS. I think it's $120 now, but in his original post, it was $150. ridiculous.

Edited by yongchris

I've also learnt the hard way not to consider any deal closed until I actually see the money. I've had people tell me that they confirm want to buy something then disappear for a few days only to tell me that they're not willing to pay the asking price. Very annoying. And these are the same guys that bombard you with questions. I've previously exchanged about TWENTY pms over a 1 week period with one individual who in the end backed out after initially telling me that he was "confirm" going to buy the item sleep.gif . The really serious buyers are those that have already done their research/homework, and usually it only takes 1 or 2 pms to close the deal with these guys.

Rawhit,

Sorry to hear your encounters with our resident lowballers.

So I dont know some people just wanna irritate the hell out of ya I guess.

Thanks for the support guys. I guess I was really p**sed off.

Most of the time this happens with buyers who have only 1 or 2 posts on the forum and have joined just to get some cheep stuff. I find it easier to ignore this attitude on a site like EBay but on a forum for music lovers I wish people showed a little more courtesy towards fellow members.

I'm aware of such behaviours and suffered once during my last powerbuy. Thankfully, all my other dealings have been smooth and swift; mainly cos' the buyers were honourable members.

P.S. Rawhit: R u based in S'pore? Am considering the RCA-mini cable.........will pm U once I've made a decision.

Edited by Mackie

yeah most of the longtimers here are quite nice people here. I'm hoping that this experience was an exception case and the future dealings will be more pleasant.

Mackie, YGPM regarding the cables.

I've also learnt the hard way not to consider any deal closed until I actually see the money. I've had people tell me that they confirm want to buy something then disappear for a few days only to tell me that they're not willing to pay the asking price. Very annoying. And these are the same guys that bombard you with questions. I've previously exchanged about TWENTY pms over a 1 week period with one individual who in the end backed out after initially telling me that he was "confirm" going to buy the item sleep.gif . The really serious buyers are those that have already done their research/homework, and usually it only takes 1 or 2 pms to close the deal with these guys.

TOTALLY agree sleep.gif

Set a time frame, and go for the best bidder.

That would hurry buyers I guess.

Though, I'm not too fond of sellers either.