tropicalrips

Digital Camera

N@Z, the BR-2A reversing lens adapter is a 62mm-62mm threadsize so it wont actually fit the kit lens so i guess bpribadi's suggestion would work. VR is really quite a lot of money so u might wanna think about how much u really need it? I think u should hold on to yer kit lenses a while longer till u really outgrow it.

Btw, N@Z and Blues, do u encounter any moire problem with your d70s?

Hence why I've been holding back on the VR. The reason why I want a more powerful zoom than the kit lens is that I want to be able to take events shots of people form a distance so that they are not conscious of me photographing them. That way they will act more natural than the "Cheese" look or the camera shy people that always turn away when they see a photographer. I'm also interested to try my hand at nature/wildlife photography.

Very rare do I notice moire. It depends what specifically I'm photographing. Normal photos - usually with no repeated (fine) lines close together appears moire free.

Yeah must be 'sneaky' enough to get all the 'good' shots! Otherwise can't get enough of the candid shots! w00t.gifhammer.gif

N@Z, how much are they selling at your place? Ive seen the 70-300VR being sold at 3k here with full warranty. Grey sets are of course cheaper but as usual not advisable. I wonder how yer gonna camoflage yourself with that huge lens tongue.gif Not exactly the walk about and shoot type. Another 'hidden' cost u may have to consider is a good tripod/monopod.

Blues, do you have a link for the safrotto bag?

Btw, u guys havent seen my friend's cute 'rocket' blower...looks like a rocket ready to launch! lol.gif

He look like a bookie.

tongue.gif

do u mean my photo? happy.gif

most of camera shop people in SLS look like bookies laugh.gif

a word of caution on mono pod, my Manfrotto mono-pod broke after about 2 months, one of the locking catch which is made of plastic broke in 2 when i tried to lock it blink.gif

i would go for a Slik mono pod next, the one with a twisting lock, my Slik tripod seems to be better made then the Manfrotto ones of the same price range

Can't get any VR lenses here. I even bought my SB800 & 50mm f1.8 from overseas.

I have a SLIK tripod presently but I don't think it will be able to support the combined weight of the D70 & VR! I was considering the Manfrotto monopod (which is oddly available here) until I heard tropicalrip's experience.

Nice bag.

i think manfrotto has monopods that are better quality then the one i bought, i paid $50+ for my & its made in Italy, there's a few thats bigger i think i bought the smallest one.

picture of the new E300 for everyone smile.gif shot here with the C770 to see the size difference

post-4-1107614176.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

My contribution for the day... very sleepy zzz yawn.gifyawn.gif

user posted image

more shots from SLS using the E300, i'm starting to like the DSLR feel wub.gif

Olympus cameras takes nice potrait shots, skin color is nice but everything else looks a bit soft when indoors

post-4-1107704958.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

more pictures of people eating tongue.gif

the guy on the right is the boss of the camera shop who lends me the E300 to test out, the one on the left is a friend smile.gif both of them also look like bookies lol.gif

both shots taken at iso 800 with NR on, no flash, noise level is acceptable

post-4-1107705407.jpg

Edited by tropicalrips

Thanks for the links. I assume in this application I use it:

D70-> Kit lens -> 67mm to 55mm adapter -> 50mm lens in reverse?

'Rips, you should convert those photos to B&W or Sephia they would look great & give it less of a snapshot look. Do you have any shots at lower ISOs? Curious to see how it looks like w/o the noise reduction.