tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Cute... haha never too young to learn photography, N@Z you'll know what to get for his birthday present this year tongue.gif

Yeah... Something along the lines of 1D MKII w/ L lens!! LOL..

This was his reaction to your suggestion...

DSC_3598.jpg

ultraman mode lol.giflol.giflol.gif ...

just need the 'ultra stick' to complete the morphing sequence! tongue.gif

Big blue ultra "stick" - morphing sequence in progress.

boink.jpg

the pics look better & better N@Z thumbup1.gif

u been doing a lot of photo.gifphoto.gifhappy.gif the colors look good thumbup1.gif

Thanks. So far my shutter count is coming up to 4,000 shots since December 2004! That includes the shots that I deleted in-camera & after uploading, which was quite ALOT in the beginning.

The Nikkor AF 50mm f1.8D is an amazing lens for the price. Getting it right did involve minor tweaking of the D70's menu settings and for shots I had time to compose, trying out manual focus. However, the Kit Lens is no slouch either, see image below - in camera saturation & sharpening set highest.

user posted image

I just need one more lens - telephoto. Highly tempted to get the AF-S VR 70mm-200mm f2.8G IF ED zoom lens but the new list price of SG$3800 makes me baulk! Anyone got "lobang"? Heard the street prices are +$1K cheaper. Still quite a hefty wad of moolah, should I instead consider the significantly cheaper (SG$1,200.00?) Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX APO HSM?

Quite a big investment! You could try the dpreview.com forums or nikonians.com forums. Folks there are quite friendly and im sure will be happy to set u straight with the answers u need.

Btw, great photo N@Z, might wanna blur out the metal edge on the bottom right in photoshop. Its in focus and to me it sort of distracts from the main subject, the beautiful flower.

oh and if u need macro lenses, instead of getting macro lenses, i suggest u get a ring adapter to attach to the kit lens and the 50mm in reverse. its incredibly sharp and is a wonderfully cheap way to start of into the world of macro photography.

Thanks for the advice.

Personally I prefer the metal bit there, gives a sort of texture contrast to each other.

Chanced upon this, not new but nevertheless interesting... camera that looks like a mobile phone.

indeed! It does look abit like a 'black' SE S700i ! Very cool!

I think he is on the kit lens.. the 50mm/f1.8d should produce much nicer bokeh

LOL sometimes your eyes read what you want to see only.