tropicalrips

Digital Camera

nice pics. but for the fourth pic, i am not sure what is the real subject.is it the sclupture or the jeep at the back ground. (my eye seem to focus more on the jeep, as it is brighter in colour). wacko.gif

Got a chance to try out a 20D today at a Canon Product seminar. I brought along my CF memory card to bring back the images I took. Judge for yourself, this was the designated model. w00t.gif

user posted image

I really like the images (especially the skin tone) eventhough I was just using the 'Program' mode. This was taken using the 580EX Speedlight & standard 18-55mm kit lens. It didn't feel as tactile in operation as the D70 & the controls require more fiddling about when navigating or reviewing shots.

user posted image

There was also a 350D, which felt nicer to hold with the vertical grip on. Without it, it felt like holding a prosumer camera. The local distributor was offering it as a package at B$1,999.00 with the 18-55 kit lens, 512MB SanDisk Ultra II CF memory card & an extra 90-300mm zoom lens. Got a chance to hold an EOS 1Ds Mk II too. Came fitted with the wif-fi attachment for direct to PC transfer. Very cool & very expensive!!!

the pics from the 20D does not look soft like those from the 350D smile.gif

very nice details from the camera N@Z...this was the camera i almost got...

most of the "experts" find the "P" mode on Canon is much better the Nikon, but once u get used to it, the D70 in "A" mode can do just as good tongue.gif

Yep, my mode of choice too 'rips. Except for night shots, there I fiddle about in Manual mode.

I just wished I didn't forget to bring along my D70 rig so I could have at least done a rough comparison. The camera bag was in my car's trunk but the camera was sitting on my easy chair at home, DOH!!!

Haven't been posting for awhile. Bought my camera out for fun today and found this iguana at Suntec City (haha of all places). Image cropped abit for a tighter feel.

post-4-1117824770.jpg

Edited by kenshinz

What cam did u use now that u have sold yer old cam?

im feeling that last pic. cheers!

Heh, Panasonic FZ20, no $$ for dSLR...don't think ever will change to one for the forseeable future either, too lazy to change lens etc etc.. tongue.gif

good to see u're putting the camera to work kenshinz smile.gif

i shot this in China Town a few days ago...find myself taking a lot of people shots lately with the big lens tongue.gif

i desaturated the photo but not completely for that "old" look smile.gif

user posted image

Heh, thanks, must really fine time to go out shoot during the holidays, else waste the camera tongue.gif

Nice shot, try cropping in more, its abit cluttered now. If you zoom in till the lamp post and the trolley infront of the old woman is just removed, it should look nicer (just my 2 pence) smile.gif

long time never come in this thread already .. so here's a few contribution from me tongue.gif

only the RQ.. not the car.. still got 200++ pics to process... tml going again rolleyes.gif

My fav Nippon RQ, Eriko :

user posted image

Very popular local RQ, April:

user posted image

Edited by Blues

My fav car in the show Mclaren F1, going there again in 20 min time lol.gif ...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

edit: finished editing all the RaceQueens.. pics r up on CS here

SG RQ @ http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139320

Nippon RQ @ http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139317

The cars @ http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139399

Edited by Blues

Some pix from today's shoot ard Punggol..

#1 the construction site

user posted image

#2 the 'pipes' at const. site

user posted image

user posted image

#3 lalang ^^

user posted image

Edited by Blues

2nd pic, took this at Marina Park. 

Nice silhouette kenshinz thumbup1.gif

Some pix from today's shoot ard Punggol..

Excellent pics Blues thumbup1.gif I like the third and the fourth!!! Very nice blue sky ! yes.gif

Been away for sometime, here is a postcard from my home at Jakarta happy.gif

user posted image