tropicalrips

Digital Camera

17-55mm w00t.gif my dream lens tongue.gif very expensive glass N@Z

you should try this lens with the D2x or D2hs w00t.gif these two bodies will show you what the "S" in the AF-SED stand for...SPEED!!! party.gif

Cropped and touch up in Photoshop - Nice flower N@z tongue.gif

Excellent touch up Barradio!!!

N@Z, very good lens!!! Can see from the result laugh.gif

Here is from my cheapo compact, ixus-i

user posted image

I think I throw away my D70 and buy the ixus already no.gifno.gif ....

No contest lah bpribadi, you got sifu skill!

I noticed you used PS CS2, what workflow process do you normally use for your images?

Here is from my cheapo compact, ixus-i

We all know it is the workman and not the tool. Although I won't call an ixus cheapo but if you were not using a tripod, you surely got the most firm hands I have seen. bpribadi, you are in the class of sijosae when it comes to craftmanship. Salute!

Thanks All! happy.gif

I noticed you used PS CS2, what workflow process do you normally use for your images?

I don't have specific workflow, just follow my feeling tongue.gif

Just the rule of thumb, sharpening always the last step.

PS CS2 has additional feature to reduce highlight and brighten shadow. But usually I use 'screen' to increase brightness and use 'soft light' (a little bit) to add contrast and color saturation... to add some punch of the picture biggrin.gif

I normally never bring tripod with me, the shot was made under a very bright sunny day (this morning), so can get a high shutter speed... (the blur one I don't post lah.. tongue.gif )

Cheers!

Edited by bpribadi

Another Sun Flower happy.gif

Taken last year. Here I tried to make a nice pic with a very simple composition wink.gif

What I tried to show here is definitely not the composition, but how PS trick can make the flower 'pops out' from the background, and the dynamic range adjustment that makes the petals looks lively rolleyes.gif

I used G2, as you know, with small sensor I couldn't get a blur background. In the original pic, the background is sharp and very distracting. If I use large aperture, the flower is not very sharp. Thanks to PS, for this kind of pic, where the color of the object is different than the background, it is easy to seperate the background and the main object.

I use channel mixer to seperate the background from the main object. For the background, I apply gaussian blur and box blur, and then darken it with blending option 'multiply'. For the main object, I just apply a little bit of contrast with blending option 'soft light' and sharphen it. After that, flatten the image... then enjoy the picture... cool.gif

user posted image

Here is the original without touch up:

user posted image

Edited by bpribadi

salute!! u r the PS king in this forum wub.gifw00t.gif ...

Do share more of ur Ps trips and tricks esp. with newbie like me blush.gif

Edited by Blues

happened to be at the Indian temple yesterday, shot the event celebrating lord ganesa's birthday

user posted image

salute!! u r the PS king in this forum  ...

Do share more of ur Ps trips and tricks esp. with newbie like me 

happened to be at the Indian temple yesterday, shot the event celebrating lord ganesa's birthday

Sure, let me know if there is anything specific you want to do in PS, and I might have the trick happy.gif

Indian temple normally rich in colour, I think it would be nice to get those colorfull pics happy.gif

hm yea the temple is indeed very colourful ^^ ..

most of my interior shots however areabit too dim and the darkernon-flashy colour tempts me to switch everything to BW where there is no distraction lol.gif

I posted some of the exteriors here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=151003 :X