tropicalrips

Digital Camera

Yup, finally bit the bullet and bought a D50 just before a trip to US. Shot hundreds of pics but skill with it not so good yet. This is one which I can share. It is a bit understated but I hope you guys liked it.

user posted image

nice simple pic ^^

great to see u enjoying ur new toy w00t.gif

today went down at Changi :

user posted image

Yup, finally bit the bullet and bought a D50 just before a trip to US. Shot hundreds of pics but skill with it not so good yet. This is one which I can share. It is a bit understated but I hope you guys liked it.

Hi Heady, I like it! Simple and artistic! thumbup1.gif

today went down at Changi

Blues, you really did take good pics lately thumbup1.gif Very nice color and exposure! But would be better if you have the horizon straight, and use the 1/3 rule wink.gif Well 1/3 rule is not always a must, just in this case I think it would be nice to use 1/3. Just my 2 cents tongue.gif

Thx ! ^^

1 third rule.. hm yea I also think it might look better in this case. willkeep in mind laugh.gif

edit: corrected the slanted horizon

Edited by Blues

Thanks for the compliments, guys. That's the only good shot I could show. The others were mostly documentary of the meetings I attended, not exactly exciting pics.

I like your pic Blues but I think if you crop a tiny bit off the bottom, it will have greater impact. The rock in the foreground IMO doesn't add much. The night sky and its reflection in the sea is great for its colour and visual impact.

Edited by heady

thx heady for the tips happy.gif

actually I purposely fired the flash on the foreground rock to keep some foreground detail&interest to otherwise plain 1/2 sky 1/2 water view(though colour is interesting).

btw shot the place with on provia too.. see if I manage to pull off some decent pics from the roll - still got 30 exposures to go lol.gif

Love that shot blues. Personally I like the presence of the rocks as it adds a contrasting sence of 'roughness' to the smooth appearance of the sky & water. Cropping it off would have made it look like any other picture.

How much does it cost? So what happens to your previous camera? wink.gif

Hehehe....was playing around with my Canon Powershot G2 today.

Here are the results

user posted image

user posted image

Newbie on this ah....comments please!

Edited by wil