ablaze

Rameish's grados

whistling.gif

uh come on.. pls dun make fun of me..

I admit being guilty of the title bass head.. but hey.. music without bass is just not fun.. no excitement, fun factor, like what snufkin said.. ohoh..

perhaps akg k501 has brainwashed u in believing alot of bass= badd , oakley? tongue.gif

but I bet you enjoy the bass on 880. To me the bass on 880 is very nice. Has it been a closed phone, it will just be as bassy as 770.

The first time I hear it, I notice that it's the same trademark bass punch that my dt770 has...

hohohohoh... welcome to the bassworld lol.giflol.gif

I'm very happy with the bass from the 880 but too much bass and it will 'hurt' the midrange. Cannot be too greedy ... laugh.gif

Edited by Northern Oak

ety's bass is good enough for me.Tight, deep and well controlled. Has impact too!!:D

now you all know I am not a basshead.. just that I have lived too long with dt770 that the bass addiction has permeated in my blood...

now now.. who has the last laugh yeah.gif

humm......IMHO wouldn't well-balanced frequency response be more important than having overly strong bass ? As what Oak has said earlier on, too much bass will kill the midrange or even the transparency... wink.gif

LOL! laugh.gif Sorry Guy, couldn't resist!

I must admit, I should try out the 770s one day. I nearly got a used pair a few months back but decided against it as I was worried about the larger than life bass, I wanted to use it for playing CDs which are too bright or lacks bottom end oomph!

I guess I like something fairly neutral, not too bright or too bassy but warm midrange as I love listening to vocals & acoustic instruments. Guy, I used to be a house music & Metal fan back in university. Techno a little bit, that's the appeal of the 770 I suppose, if I had it back then I would have proclaimed them 'the dog's danglies!'. Nowadays my musical tastes has broadened (read: gotten older!).

Ah...I may have a solution that will work for U guys...N@Z and Guyferd.

I have been testing a number of popular DIY pro cables ie, Klotz GY107, Klotz SQ422, Belden 89259, Belden 1694a and Andrew Heliax.

Guyferd,

To enhance the mid range of DT880, I've settled down on Klotz GY107. It's forte lies in the mids which is warm and involving. Bass is punchy but beware, on some systems it can become flabby. Cost of this cable + Neutrik plugs should cost no more than $50/1m pair

N@Z,

If u were to own DT770 and worry about its flamboyant bass, I recommend the Klotz SQ422 which is rather balanced but with a slightly leaner bass and not as open as GY107. Otherwise, I favour the Andrew Heliax. On some systems, this can be rather sharp sounding but it has deep ambience and wide soundstaging owing to its treble extension. I think this is very compatible to the DT770.

lol.. I don't think 770's bass is overwhelming.To me it's just right. But then again, that's because I have altec lansing and klipsch promedia background...

so I had always enjoyed big and very punchy bass. I can't stand hearing something that doesn't have bass. Although the sound quality can be super clear, but I won't go and buy if it doesn't have appealing bass to me.But just a mid- high end cans/speakers with fantastic bass will surely be able to bowl me over tongue.gif

and I will choose it anytime over highest end, super detailed, super clear, superior technicality, if the bass is shy.

I shudder to think what your in-car entertainment is/will be like... panic.gifpanic.gif

hihihihi.... (very evil laugh)

Oh yes abt car audio, I would like to have it also in the years ahead.. and be sure to purchase the best, most bassy speaker for it hohoho...

reason being, must have punch to keep me alive and awake.. otherwise I would be falling asleep listening to the sound without any kick...zzz yawn.gif

You'd be perfectly at home here with all the modded boy racer cars! Can't hear anything except for the bass & you can hear the sound from the car first then the car! But we diagress, getting back on track...

Is it possible to get a listing of all the headphones and other equipment at Rameish's? My latest convert into headphones is really in a bad way, wanting to buy every good offer left right & center. We're hoping to go to Singapore together one day & meet up with you guys eventually.

lol.. naz let us know when you come by to singapore.. dun forget to bring your eqpmt

then we can have 2nd spore head-fi meet laugh.gif

I think the MG Head is the only thing you guys don't have there but I'm not so keen to bring my baby! Maybe the META?

yeap.. meta, mg head, and probably the rs-1 !! muahahaha.. laugh.gif

Rameish has a pair so I won't bring that. Maybe I acquire some R10's... chyeah!!! In yer dreams mate!

Actually would really appreciate it too if you guys brought me around to all the places you have been talking about in this forum.