Mackie

Interconnects - personal reviews

Rameish,

Yeah its the closest compromise than hard wiring. Have u tried DNM Reson interconnects? Should be pretty good as well around $100 for the non bullet version.

Hi Fish,

Could you kindly write a review on your DNM Reson interconnects like what Mackie has done, please. Am interested to read comparisons on paper first before embarking on trial tests. wink.gif

I wish i could but I cant.

A) Dont have the cable with me

cool.gif Dont have a headphone amp to plug the cable into

What i can tell you though is based on my experience with the speaker cable. At $13/m i have not heard anything else sound so similar to OCOS in my stereo.

It is tonally accurate, has respectable bass response and fast. In one word, accurate.

If you like how Dynaudio speakers sound with OCOS cabling... that's the same characteristics DNM Reson has.

Incidentally a friend diy-ed a pair of silver interconnects with similar design and topology, albeit with scotch tape. He likes it alot with tube output stage cd player but not Sony DVD S7000.

Tee,

Want more? Send me a porta corda and a pair of DNM Resons laugh.gif

Hmmmm.......i don't have both.....maybe Rameish has the porta. Do you have his hp no ? happy.gifwink.gif

Tee, check your PM.

mackie, firefox lent me his klotz gy107 cable.. your finding is the same as mine.

I find it has warm sound and better bass than monster cable.

However, the voice is abit screechy(?) , as it's not fully run in yet.

Will try to post impression later..

the bass was fantastic. If pair this with some light sounding headphone, it will be perfect. but my 770 has just too much bass.. lol

can die of heart attack w00t.gif

how long is the burn in period? anyone?

Guy, pretty subjective but my pair of GY107 has undergone about 70 hours now and the most obvious improvement is in airiness; sound is definitely more open now, so does the bass which is somewhat tighter and less bloomy. Mid range is full but a tad sibilant. I reckon more may be achieved after the 100-hour mark. Of course, it also depends on what music U have been pumping through the cable during burn-in period. If U don't have an XLO disc, next best thing is to use complex music (big scale orchestral) or tuner white noise.

Edited by Mackie

Btw, I've just gotten a pair of Tara Labs Reference Gen 2 interconnect and tried it on my cans setup. Unbelievable and just what I'm hoping to achieve with this upgrade......nice, warm,full and sweet mids, deeper soundstage and more precise imaging. Delicious!

By the way,

Just bought a supposedly very high end british branded made-in-malaysia sub/sat system...

Take a guess which ones?

So finally i need interconnects liao...

Gees... a toughie...very high end confuses my option. Fishball, please let the cat out of the bag?