Mackie

Interconnects - personal reviews

headphonecrazy,

Hey, thanks for your input. I believe you can shield without killing dynamics by having a significant space between shield and conductors. Audio Symphonics had this interconnect with an inch or wider tube that seperates the conductor and the shield... dunno how they maintain the conductor to be in the middle of the tubing tho...

headphonecrazy,

I believe you can shield without killing dynamics by having a significant space between shield and conductors.

Ahh! Another air insulation, further enhance my theory on dilelectric design. This is very tedious and expensive design to execute. The best IMHO is still Taralabs the ZERO design - vacuum instead of air, but than again they cost like 10Ks a pair.

Thanks for the info.

back to an old topic, if it's NOT silicone (which it shouldnt) or hot glue (if the plastic bits cannot take the heat), it should be WAX.

most silicone releases acid when it cures, so i guess silicone is definitely out.

Edited by adhoc

It looks like glue to me. The plastic bits can definitely take the heat from a glue gun... it looks 'cut'. As if the glue blob overflowed and the maker cut off the excess bits.

I just picked up a pair of ONIX "Blue" Interconnects. These monsters are really well made. They sound really good on Jazz music, and for classical, it really centers the music, u dun feel like the music is all over the place. Gives a good tight bass too. Well juz my 2 cents on the cable. Retails for about SG$130.