Sign in to follow this  
papaya86

need info on sennheiser hd600

to those who have or have tried before sennheiser hd600, can i have some input from u guys on how it sounds? may be getting one soon how does it compare to hd650 and also the grados line of headphones? wad music genre does the sennheiser hd600 excel in? thanks once again

Based on my taste the HD 600 works well for classical music and female vocal. However the original HD 600 cable seems to be a weak link and upgrade of that cable IMHO seems quite important.

thanks fuwen, i had a brief moment with ur hd600 i tink over at ur place when i was gettin the ksc 35, but i kinda forgot how it sounded, only thing i can remember is its pretty dark sounding, im gettni one at 230 second hand 2 years old 30hours run in time, may i know if its a good deal? is this headphones good for softrock? man and i thought i will wait for bout a year before gettin another pair of headphones. anyone can describe the signature sound of hd600? is this headphones good for instrumentals like piano etc? and the biggest question is 230 an attractive price for a 2 year old hd600?

Perhaps U could do a google search on HD600 for both consumers and professional reviews. Let me put in an effort to kick-start the process. Similarly U can do a search on this forum if U treasure our views. Much have been said and done on this model in our short history.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sennheiser+HD600

With this wide coverage, I'm sure U can come to terms with what to expect from the headphone.

Personally, $230 is a good deal. Ensure the pads are in acceptable condition for if they require a change, it might cost U around S$70+.

Edited by Mackie

Wow, 2 years and only used 30 hours? How's that possible? laugh.gif

IMO this phones is not dynamic, kind of give me an electrostat feel (though I have not tried an electrostat it just links me to that word). When paired with the equinox it gives a lot of air. Soundstage is no doubt wide and deep...

Edit: I heard that this pair of cans needs up to a few hundred hours to be at its best.

Edited by lekguan

One thing about the HD600, you really need an good amp to pair with it. If you are really on a budget, do consider the grado RA1, it does a pretty good job driving the HD600.

Edited by lengcm

to those who have or have tried before sennheiser hd600, can i have some input from u guys on how it sounds? may be getting one soon how does it compare to hd650 and also the grados line of headphones? wad music genre does the sennheiser hd600 excel in? thanks once again

Are you able to inspect/test listening the HD600 that you are buying? If it's fine and no fault, it's a good buy at 230.

Soundwise, it is subjective, but it's dark if you compare it with Grado and like Lekguan has mentioned, the electrostat feel that has the "out of the head" and "sound comes from nowhere and just suddenly appears" effects.

HD600 has more air than HD650, while HD650 is more forward and weightier than HD600.

HD600 excels in all sorts of music genre but I have heard other cans that better the HD600 in certain types of music genres.

Hope this helps.

To add my 2 cents worth, the HD600's is known for its laidback presentation which might not appeal to everyone, so perhaps you might want to seriously audition it before you commit with your money. They are great for jazz, classical, and female vocals, but less so for pop and rock, for which the Grado's might be a more suitable candidate.

As mentioned before, they need a good amp, and possibly, if you can afford it, a good aftermarket cable, to shine. With these, it can be a reasonable all-rounder which can satisfy in most genres.

thanks alot for all ur input, i will seriously audition it before purchasing it, the buyer also gave me one week personal warranty for assurance, so i guess its real safe to get from him the cans, i have a few pics of his cans which looks like its in mint condition, may i know how to post pics in this forum?

click 'add reply' at the bottom right of this page, then when you are on the next page you will see 'File attachment'

Who knows? If U don't like the sound, others here might be interested to buy from the seller. $230 is the lowest resale price I've encountered in this forum. Should I or shouldn't I.....hmmmm....... hammer.giftongue.gif

thanks blues, haha all the while i use quick reply never notice got a add reply button, yeah i render if i dun get it, some guys in here will surely be interested, theres already one whos interested, so if the deal fails, ill pass it to him here are the pics

post-2-1103091239.jpg

Edited by papaya86