Sipher

CDP Recommendations

Hey Mackie the description sounds good to me, any place I can do an audition in Sg? Any recommendations to upgrade my source?

PS: your X-feed has arrived safely.

lengcm,

Alpha Audio is the dealer of MF products. U can listen to the A3.2CD with a fresh screen and front panel design. To get a proper audition, I only know one place...mine! biggrin.gif

Since your source is a NAD, I recommend a cdp in the 1-2K range unless U wish to up the ante to 2-3K as U feel rich. Favs in the former are Marantz CD17MkIII (Oak has this with pleasure), Exposure 2010, Rega 2000, Opera 2.2 (tubes), Heart 6000 (modified Marantz CD6000 with tubes but overpriced in S'pore) and perhaps Audiomeca Obsession. It all depends on your music preference and the kinda characteristics U favour in them.

Looking forward to my crossfeed matey. w00t.gif

Sure thing I will deliver the X-feed to your place and I'll bring my Sudgen along for audition if you dun mind. Can play with your cat as well headphone.gifw00t.gif

Sipher,

Regarding musicality, it's a finding by general consensus that this is the area that Marantz CD63KI excels. Looking forward to it now?

lengcm,

Oh yes please. I'll love to hear how your Sugden sounds like. The bit about my cat may be tough as he's so afraid of strangers he would hide whenever my door bell chimes!

btw, sipher how many cds do you have?

if you don't have alot.. it's not really worth getting a cdp, rather get an m-audio revo or good soundcards out there

For me, I buy 2nd hand cds(mostly priced at 6-7), to save cost. Now I have close to 60 cds already, in just 1 month laugh.gif

But then I realise I have spent at least 300 dollars.. which is quite alot of $$

You gotta consider the pro and cons. If you already have quite a collection of cds.. then going to cdp is a must!

For me, I buy 2nd hand cds(mostly priced at 6-7), to save cost. Now I have close to 60 cds already, in just 1 month laugh.gif

Wow, 60cds in a month is FAST! Especially for students like us! The thing is, have you listened to all the cds? I found that later on, I listen to a portion of the cds, not all. Some CDs gets played very often.

I think its how much time you spend listening with your equipment more so than the size of your cd collection.

right now I do not have a headphone with me, ksc-35 perhaps? (if you consider that hi fi hp laugh.gif)

yeah.. I only buy those that I really like. I do not want to waste money buying cds only to listen to 2-3 tracks smile.gif

60 CDs in one month thats averagely 2 CDs per day! Imagine how much in one year! 700?

LOl!! n@z.. probably I will stop at around 100...

I have to just complete about 20 more cds(to match my mp3s), after that.. the rest I am gonna pick up at a very slow pace(maybe 1 or 2 per month?.. this time brand new of coz tongue.gif)

even with 60 cds .. I am not able to listen to all!! lol.. some are definately collecting dust. But it's good to have a large collection so that you can always pick one easily.

Yeah it's good to have surplus choices. Variety is the spice of life, one to suit your every mood.

Maybe I'll have a look see if there's anything new at the shops tomorrow.

Sipher,

Regarding musicality, it's a finding by general consensus that this is the area that Marantz CD63KI excels. Looking forward to it now?

Yes Mackie!

looking forward to hear how the CD63KI sounds.

headphone.gif

If it falls through let me know... wink.gif

n@z, what bout cd17mkiii? kekeke....

Edited by Guyferd

Do you know someone selling for $350? tongue.gif

LOL!!

anyway, can cd6000OSE be modified to heart version?

so far I've heard heart cd6000 which is for the '6000' and may/may not be for the ose. I am not sure. Someone can clarify?

also how much does $$ it take for them to modify?Perhaps I may look into it in the future laugh.gif