Sign in to follow this  
acidboy84

Portable Amp

Where can I get a portble amp? Guess that my Hi-MD unit is not able to 'power' the Grado 60 which I borrowed from my friend. Will be buying this great headphones next weekend.

How much is the portable amp and where can I get those.

Thamks laugh.gif

Hey.. my creative nomad jukebox 2 is powerful to drive dt880 and akg501..

acidboy84,

get a Grado Ra-1 or Xin's amp or porta corda..

Grado headphones shld be easy to drive mah, seldom see people complain about it with portables.

I bought a headsave go-vibe from www.headsave.com . Total cost inc shipping is around S$130.

Now connecting my ipod mini line-out to the headamp and to my SR225..smile.gif

I bought a headsave go-vibe from www.headsave.com . Total cost inc shipping is around S$130.

A pity Headsave is no longer in operation.

A pity Headsave is no longer in operation.

yup..sad that headsave is closed..norm makes gd amps..smile.gif

Hey.. my creative nomad jukebox 2 is powerful to drive dt880 and akg501..

acidboy84,

get a Grado Ra-1 or Xin's amp or porta corda..

That might be way out of his budget... Grado RA1 is really silly...IMO. Unless it's modded for AC input. Porta Corda is so Ex. Why not try the Pocket Amp 2? I just spoke to Gary on email and he's really as friendly as anyone claimed. And it's so affordable too. USD$4 to ship worldwide. How's that?

Btw, we are still waiting the review from mackie regarding the Pocket Amp 2.

Support your local/regional DIYer. I suggest PMing Tropicalrips or digi01 & discussing with them your specific needs.

Support your local/regional DIYer. I suggest PMing Tropicalrips or digi01 & discussing with them your specific needs.

I am not aware of this. Hi Tropocalrips and digi01, do u custom make portable amp for people?

I'm really interested to find out who locally are doing custom amp jobs? I'll support local singaporean anytime.

Now, who are you... smoke.gif

take a look in the diy section, there's a few guys. ive built a few amps for people but im located in oz, not local. will bring a few amps up with me next time i come in april (absolute earliest)

So you're singaporean studying downunder? Darn, April eh? I miss you schedule slightly. I might be able to only make it March. happy.gif What kinda amps do you make? You mentioned bring a few amps back. For selling I assume?

Best rgds,

nah im an aussie who spends time in sg wink.gif

make pimeta ppa etc atm, also making gilmore's right now too. want to try a millett hybrid amp in the future, all mainly for personal purposes.

but was gonna bring amps for people to listen to and enjoy/compare with what they have here smile.gif

btw, digi01 is from China right? wanted 2 get something frm him but I duno how tat could take place...