Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

is the second shot a dead flower? its very interesting thumbup1.gif

first shot reminds me of Akira Kurosawa for some reason...i think i saw something like that in one of his films thumbup1.gif

still practicing my MRT shots, the same place as my first MRT shot but different person smile.gif

user posted image

thanks tropical laugh.gif ...

akira kurosawa.. wah.. hrm nt sure never watched his movie before .. unsure.giftongue.gif

edited: yea the 2nd pic is actually dead flower shed by that tree I shot in first pic.. tongue.gif

Edited by Blues

Blues, I like the first pic ! thumbup1.gif You did the post processing very well yes.gif The pinkish tint looks very nice happy.gif

But why such a small pic, I would love to see a bigger one tongue.gif

still practicing my MRT shots, the same place as my first MRT shot but different person

Tropical, for that angle I think you have exercise your back very well tongue.gif Should be much easier to take that angle with a canon G6 with flip and turn LCD wink.gif

Since you like portraiture, why not take closer of the expression of the people waiting for the MRT happy.gif But be carefull, they might see you and complaint no.gif

Tropical = Paparazo lol.gif

Edited by bpribadi

tongue.gif my MRT portraits are mostly blind shots, so the people don't know that i'm taking their pic, only the sound of the shutter givs me away tongue.gif

Tropicalrips, what's with the MRT series - you got some kinds fetish or what?

laugh.gif not fetish lol.gif just that its the only thing that comes close to being interesting to shoot since i'm in SLS the whole day, we never get to see daylight, all i see is people...so i decided to start photographing people when i get off work, kind of de-stressing therophy for me tongue.gif

Make you a suggestion. Shoot different shoes and do a montage - call it "deadmen walking around SLS" lol.gif

Seriously, get a theme. The Barganing Process, or Opening Shops, or First Kopi of the Day, or First Customer to Kena Slice LOL what ever the theme. Then wait for the right moment that expresses your chosen theme.

But becareful dont kena beat up by the SLS salesmen thinking you work for CASE.

Wah dead flower got alot of meaning Blues. whistling.gif

Seriously nice shot. There's a jap photographer in town that exhibiting some of his work. You might wanna go take a look. In today's Straits Times.

Yea read up about him in Straits' Times today.. definitely will be a worthwhile trip! w00t.gif

got to try out this lens today smile.gif Tamron 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1

user posted image

the Macro result was beautiful wub.gif also takes very nice portraits, its a lot easier to do manual focus on this lens cause the focusing ring has a big range, allowing very fine details to be infocus, but this also means auto focus take a little longer.

this will very likely be my next lens, another lens that i'm interested in is the Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG MACRO to replace the kit lens

user posted image

the Sigma @ $775 cost about $200 more then the Tamron 90mm Macro, price for the Tamron : about $550

Mmmm... maaacrooo...!

wah tropical is in spending spree w00t.gif

biggrin.gif there's also a 180mm Tamron 1:1 macro tongue.gif

i think the macro lens is more fun then a big tele-lens, and the result is great even when viewed from the D70's LCD screen. the 1:1 macro power of the lens can really fill the frame wub.gif

i'll upgrade to the 24-70mm Sigma if i can sell off the kit lens