Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

I find the plastic diffuser which cover the flash cuts too much light, prefer to bounce if off a large piece of white cardboard. Just rubber-band it to the flash head...

As mentioned earlier, on the SB800 it's because it goes into 14mm mode & cannot be overidden (unless DIY) hence the low output.

What angle do you have the flash head at (note for my intended application)?

What angle do you have the flash head at (note for my intended application)?

For indoor meetings/weddings, I use the flash at approx 50degress with the cardboard. Flash is set to 28mm setting. Note that distance to subject also matters, if they are nearer than 6 feet or so, you better to use the flash pointing right up or the bounce effect will not work.

For outdoor shot, no way, direct flash with remotes are the only way. Unless you got studio reflectors... Anyway, my outdoor night shots never looked natural, don't have enough experience with it.

thanks smile.gif

i used manual focus to get the shot, wanted only the "Denon" to be in focus

also bought a LowePro LC-1N lens bag for the kit lens smile.gif

How much does the manfrotto 682B self-standing monopod cost?

159261.jpg

i think this mono pod should be just below $200 not sure, 1 thing i don't like about the Manfrotto pod is that it does not hav a grove that guides the legs, i think this was the reason i broke my manfrotto.

i did not notice that the "legs" got a little out of place when i was closing it, this cause the catch to over expand when i tried to lock it.

N@Z, did u get a chance to try out the Zoom-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED (2.5x) lens?

this is the older version without the "IF" which cost twice as much, the price quoted for the non "IF" version is about $1600

also considering if its worth investing in a wide angle fixed lens...28 or 35mm, maybe something from Sigma or Tamron, i like the 50mm and what its f-1.8 is able to do wink.gif

No stock here unfortunately. This is my 1st choice if it was available, unless all of a sudden I can afford the equivalent VR.

Well, if you think the kit lens doesn't fulfill your needs & you need something better. Wide angle lenses are not exactly cheap either. Different story if you can find something that has similar pricing to the AF 50mm f/1.8. Since I don't shoot alot at the lower end of the kit lens' range I didn't consider it, although when I do, at 24mm & below I do notice barrel distortion which is annoying.

went to check out this lens today smile.gif

Sigma 28mm f1.8, its a big lens w00t.gif even bigger then the kit lens, has a 77mm lens tread, metal mount, focus ring does not move in/out when focusing (same as kit lens) comes with its own lens case, very well build, feels as good as the kit lens, going to test it with the D70 when i hav time smile.gif

user posted image

also considering if its worth investing in a wide angle fixed lens...28 or 35mm, maybe something from Sigma or Tamron, i like the 50mm and what its f-1.8 is able to do

For DSLR, currently the

Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8

Sigma 20mm f/1.8

Are the two popular wide angle zoom and fix lens, considered and tested by a lot of users to be very high quality and reasonably affordable. The zoom is even comparable or better than some fix lenses w00t.gif

Go tropical... go get those lens tongue.gif

You got a dry cabinet already for all these goodies wink.gif or are you planning to carry them around with you!

No kidding!