Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

From what i read in the two supposedly genuine pdf's, both are 6mp dslr's. Another interesting thing is that the D50 will use matrix metering II while the D70s will still use matrix metering I... it will also use SD cards and will only be able to use iso 200/400/800/1600. Both have 2 inch lcd's and the D70s will have a wireless transmitter accessory or something like that and a wired shutter release cable.

Both have 2 inch lcd's and the D70s will have a wireless transmitter accessory or something like that and a wired shutter release cable.

a wired shutter release cable means it can take the portrait grip without being modded smile.gif and no need to use remote shutter trigger

SD card.. hrmm sounds like it's gonna be the size of 350D.. kinda small no.gif

any of u guys print out your shots?

i hav a few of my fav shots printed by a photo lab and the results were great, some of them actually look better on paper

going to get a new printer soon, maybe tomorrow...Epson C65 and mod with external ink tanks so i can print! print! print! tongue.gif

I tried printing with my own Canon i560 on my friend's konica glossy paper.. maybe I don't know how to set correctly but the result isn't that fantastic. Passable, but I would rather bring down to develop in with those fuji frontier machines tongue.gif

But for fun can try and print one or two pics tongue.gif

Epson has better photo print results, Canons color don't look as "real"

i want the printer for enlarging prints, cause the lab charges $5 for 8R & $6 for super 8R, but 4R is only $0.35

10 pcs of 8R prints will cost me $50...a little more and i can get my own printer tongue.gif

u r right.. then again the reason why I bought that printer was to print a lot of documents(not solely for images) during my project work time which was last yr.. frm this yr on it has seen very little usage lol.giflol.giftongue.gif

but I think epson should be good.. the araki's work printed using the epson at both wheelock and NAFA is simply superb.

Plenty of times, mostly from a pro photo lab & on 4R. I've made a few 8"x10" & 12"x16" of my highest resolution Jpegs & they look great.

how much does the 8x10 & 12x16 prints cost over there N@Z?

I can't remember the exact price as I didn't keep the receipt. 8R is about the same price as yours but 12X16 was quite expensive. I'll get back to you on that.

Hey N@Z,

You might wanna use tissue paper and rubber band - tissue paper is readily available and so are rubber bands. Your pictures with the flash has a blue cast - suggest you leave ot charged for one day and fired at full power six or seven times then try again.

The advantage of tissue paper is - it remains white as you use fresh ones each time. And you can add layers to your liking.

Good suggestion.

Which particular photo has the blue cast, all? The shot of the Speedlight was w/o flash under fluorescent lighting & not at my usual area. The flash's rechargeables were partially discharged at the time. I don't quite understand the last part of your sentence in the 1st paragraph.

I'm beginning to get tired of looking at the D70's underexposed characteristics, maybe it's time to try changing the default curve.

Umm Rameish, are u saying that the diy diffuser is causing a blue cast? Is there a difference between the materials used by N@Z and tissue paper?