Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

yea i heard through the firmware we're getting the new colour menu too tongue.giflol.gif

is there anyway we can get to use the external shutter release via cable? its either that or getting an infrared remote for me.

I prefer the less cluttered remote. Plus you can keep the pouch attached unobtrousively on the strap.

this from a china website innocent.gif

user posted image

user posted image

i think its a roadmap of the Nikon models to come...take a look here D80

Edited by tropicalrips

Although I wouldn't mind a mid level DSLR from Nikon to bridge the gap to the D2X but somehow the image of the D80 looks too reminicent of the D2X & the D200 looks like a bad PS job.

i hav check with SLS people who has ties with Nikon, and they confirmed D80...maybe announce end of the year, its the same body as the Fuji S3 pro.

the D200 in not confirmed, i think they only figured out which body they're goin to use, the stuff inside the D200 is all still rumours.

according to "inside" info tongue.gif the new line of Nikon mid range DSLR cameras will be blazing fast w00t.gif built to match the top end Canons rolleyes.gif

i hav check with SLS people who has ties with Nikon, and they confirmed D80...maybe announce end of the year, its the same body as the Fuji S3 pro.

the D200 in not confirmed, i think they only figured out which body they're goin to use, the stuff inside the D200 is all still rumours.

according to "inside" info tongue.gif the new line of Nikon mid range DSLR cameras will be blazing fast w00t.gif built to match the top end Canons rolleyes.gif

Ho say liao! Sure got people want to upgrade so got chance to get cheap second-hand D70. What you say, all the senior photographers? biggrin.gif

even now already quite alot of cheap 2nd hand d70 wor... tongue.giflol.gif

but somehow the image of the D80 looks too reminicent of the D2X

i think the D80 photo is real...see the built in flash? the external shutter release in the front...the dial on the protrait grip is straight (S3 pro does not hav this dial)

the D200 should be fake smile.gif

I'm skeptical because the rendering is not very convincing. Looking like a mish-mash of different camera bodies PSed in, e.g. around the lens mount, it's off-center & the grain is inconsistent. The lens also looks out of porportion. The direction of the shiny bits & shadows seems inconsistent (I noticed this when you mentioned about the built-in flash). Putting the model badge at the bottom is not in keeping with Nikon's usual tradition either (usually top or top half of the body).

It's more believeable if it's an artist's rendering as opposed to a real prototype. Did the site mention what the extra button to the left side, the extra socket & LED to the top right side of the camera are for? I wouldn't mind to be proved wrong though, a D80 (or whatever it may be called in the future) would be very welcome.

Anyone updated to the new firmware?

i updated my smile.gif

don't feel any difference, but the menu color is nice smile.gif like the 70s

main difference i can see now is the keying in of name in the "folder rename" menu, looks better then the old one

some people say the viewing of images will be faster but i don't feel it...

going to send in my D70 to Nikon for service soon...i hav a lot of "dirt" in my view finder tongue.gif hav been shooting non stop since i got the camera...i hav also been changing lens outdoors cause most of my lens are prime...my D70 very beat up now hahaha, i even got water splash onto the body & lens once, a car ran over a puddle and splash water all over me and the camera...i just wipe it dry and continue shooting biggrin.gif

by the way...whats the file number on your D70 now? i just pass "Dsc_7318.jpg" does that mean over 7000 shots?? unsure.gif

btw tropical, did u happen to be at kallang river last monday afternoon around 3 o clock to shoot the heats for dragon boats?

Maybe that were u I was talking to(the one who asked about ur 80-200 who sat in the small pavillion around 2pm)

Edited by Blues

btw tropical, did u happen to be at kallang river last monday afternoon around 3 o clock to shoot the heats for dragon boats?

Maybe that were u I was talking to(the one who asked about ur 80-200 who sat in the small pavillion around 2pm)

ohmy.gif i suspected it was u laugh.gif

why u didn't bring your camera?

i was there again today smile.gif was new_type there also? i would hav recognize him...

Edited by tropicalrips

keke.. I guess so.. after asking kenshinz on msn I confirmed that it was you tongue.gif

so how was the shots? post some le .. got me lagi better lol.giflol.gif ..

me ar? cannot shoot .. I was rowing for my class hehe..

edit: NT not there haha...

Edited by Blues