Sign in to follow this  
N@Z

The mini D70 users thread

Shoot more talk less smoke.gif

How much does it cost to have the CCD cleaned?

free since mine is still under warranty

How come all the photo-bugs not shooting, ah? Miss the excitment of new pics. biggrin.gif

lol.gif ...

dunno abt the rest but for me quite busy prelims in 3 weeks' time and followed by A's soon... wacko.gifwacko.gif

Plenty of pics but mostly personal stuff. Will post something on the digicam pics thread instead.

lol.gif ...

dunno abt the rest but for me quite busy prelims in 3 weeks' time and followed by A's soon... wacko.gifwacko.gif

Thank goodness those days are LONG over for me... biggrin.gif

Contemplating getting a D50. Will all the D70 experts give opinion of this camera versus the D70s? Thanks.

D50 + :

-3dmatrixII

-lower noise level

-slightly smaller

-cheaper

-uses SD(more devices using this so it's easier to share)

for me the main attraction would be the lower price and low noise as compared to the d70s. Of course resolution wise if you check out dpreview.com the d70s is still slightly more 'resolving'.

So when r u getting ur new toy? lol.gif

Can't say much other than comparing the tech specs since I've haven't tried out a D50 yet. If I didn't already have the D70 I think I'd certainly be interested in the D50 had I been given the option to choose. As blues mentioned the use of SD card is a plus since I had a few of them. I was actually contemplating a top end Prosumer before I took the plunge so the D50 bridges the gap even closer than the D70, not only financially but also dimension wise. The money saved on the initial cost can go to getting the obligatory accessories, not to mention better glass. In fact the 350D would have been tempting as well since having an option for a vertical grip is a bonus if you shoot portraits alot.

Much like audio (D)SLR ownership can become like a money pit as well if you're not careful.

Much like audio (D)SLR ownership can become like a money pit as well if you're not careful.

Amen to that N@Z, family men don't have money to splash. So must think carefully. I am still contemplating....

Having said that, anyone can help me source a good price for a Nikkor AF-S DX 17-55mm f2.8D IF ED & a Manfrotto 682 monopod? New or used.

Also if anyone hears in the grapevine someone selling a good used Nikon (or Fuji with Nikon mount) DSLR around ±$1K I'd be interested, as long as it has a vertical grip (not 3rd party jobbies).

latest insider news from Nikon...D200 confirmed, this will be released before the D80 smile.gif

Long time no see 'rips. Thinking of upgrading or getting another body?

nice manual SLR he's got - fm3A w00t.gif !!

wish he can donate his 80-200 for me to play lol.giflol.giflol.gif