ablaze

Crossfeed

Do you like crossfeed  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I notice that I can listen to music longer with the low crossfeed on my corda ha-1 wink.gif

I've tried 'off' but I can't stand already

to me it sound nicer with crossfeed ... as i like the feeling that i am there to feel the performance laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

The jury is still out for me on crossfeed, however, so far with the PCII & HA-2 (I listened at Rameish's), the implementation seems more subtle & less or uncoloured sound. I still don't use it for music (on the PCII) as it reduces the the sense of air & soundstage size (albeit small but noticeable amount) but it appeals to me for TV/Movies as it gives better focus to the commentary.

N3w_Type, I assume you meant the performance is there right in front of you as opposed to being within the performers.

how else do you guys find that crossfeed affects sound? is it my imagination or is bass just that tad bit less with crossfeed?

The headroom crossfeed appears to yield a warmer sound. This is not a bad thing because it provides me with a means to soften some harsh sounding CDs.

I almost always listen to my headphones with crossfeed on. The soundstage sounds unnatural otherwise.

Some folks mentioned that the processing reduces the soundstage. While this is somewhat true, I feel that the effect is misstated. Headphones, because of their near-ear placement, tend to reproduce exaggerated soundstage. Crossfeed helps reduce this spatial exaggeration.

But then again everyone has a different approach to sonic nirvana. Some do it with crossfeed, others don't. happy.gif

welcome.gif!!!!

Thanks!

This is neat. i'm actually a head-fi member and saw someone's signature with sgheadphones' url.

Am currently in Washington, DC. But, I'm actually from Thailand. Just happen to in the US for grad school. Used to live in Singapore for a while too.... near marine parade. he.. he tongue.gif

I suppose there isn't a Thai Headphones forum is there?

this brings back memories. laugh.gif

welcome.gifwelcome.gifwelcome.gif ENJOY YOUR STAY

I voted AYE to crossfeed but only because of my personal experience with the unit bought from UK (thanks to lengcm). I ventured into cans listening from speakers and thereby very used to the kinda soundstage presented by speakers rig. Crossfeed successfully emulates the soundstage of speakers albeit narrower but more natural. Without crossfeed, I feel like listening to 2 speakers blasting from the sides which can tire the ears very quickly.

I'm using an outboard crossfeed unit and the additional components do mar signal purity and flow, resulting in a dip in dynamics and perhaps the freq extremes but ever so subtly. However, the overall presentation with it in the loop is certainly more musical. This is the most crucial factor in any system, IMHO.

Edited by Mackie

I don't have that problem at all as most of my listening has been via headphones even when I had a speaker setup.

Ticky, what heaphone amp do you use?

Ticky, what heaphone amp do you use?

I have the old Headroom supreme, bought back in 1996 when the company was still a new startup. The thing is built like a tank... no signs of wear and tear yet!

Three years ago, I've upgraded the unit to a Cosmic module, but the old casing does not permit power supply upgrades. But, I fear that my wallet is aching for an upgrade sometime next year..... naughty.gif

hmmm....

firstly WELCOME Ticky...

secondly... if u ever need to get rid of equipment, just throw it out the window, ill be there to catch it lol.gif

secondly... if u ever need to get rid of equipment, just throw it out the window, ill be there to catch it lol.gif

then u will need to fly to washington to catch them! tongue.gif

I am the only one voted no. sleep.gif

If I could change my vote, you will not be the only one. I beginning to dislike crossfeed, coz it takes away the dynamics & life out of my music. Lost all those in yer face feeling with my AC/DC music..

jtfoo have u tried the pinkfloyd's crossfeed circuit or the jan-meier's one?

irregardless, I've heard both and they are quite subtle and yields to a more unfatiguing presentation without taking 'that' much dynamics. I recommend you to try them out wink.gif