Sign in to follow this  
Rameish

20th Century History of Photography

spooky!!! U guessed all my move 100% man! ... blink.gifblink.gif

yesterday went to Ruby to get provia 100F and ilford hp5+ 400...

today shot half a roll of ilford at indian temple..

my only gripe is that the ev compensation is at 0.5 increment instead of 0.3 I'm used to with the d70 mm tongue.gif

oh and yea coming from dslr .. I miss that 'beep' sound when locking focus sleep.gif

Edited by Blues

ahh btw any idea which shop stocks velvia 50/100 ?? I went to CP, ruby they all have run out of stock since 1-2 months ago wacko.gif ...

any recommendation for other slides that have strong saturated colours for landscape? w00t.gif kodak E100VS?

Go to Lucky Plaza basement, there are plenty of shops there selling film, with ample stocks of velvia, provia,sensia, reala, etc. prices will be slightly higher than Ruby, I think.

P.S. whatever you do, never take pictures of human beings using velvia. tongue.gif

Edited by av98m

lucky plaza.. ahh hm .. ok will check them out someday.. I just want to try to get 1 roll first.. can't shoot much landscape with my 50mm now anyway dry.gif

thx for the info happy.gif

Cool camera. I find film a much more forgiving medium than digital. Maybe b'cos I am a lousy photog.

Just browsed through your gallery Fuwen.

JiuZhaiGou looks so much different back then. You went there in 1998?

The place looks much more 'raw' than now with all the amenities and pathways for tourists. But I guess the scenery stays pretty much the same back then and now, which is a good thing I think :)

Edited by Blues

Oh yes I went JiuZhaiGou back in 1998. A very enjoyable photography trip with 3 other photography friends, one of them from Peking. I have seen photos taken by my friend who went lately, I think still 'raw' enough. Some damages cannot be help with so many visitors.

Edited by fuwen

Yeah, I think it's good that they manage to preserve the original condition of the place. From what I know the buses allowed inside are supposed to be more eco-friendly too :D

any Leica fans who've managed to get their hands on the digital M8 :o:P

Edited by Blues

My recent business trip to Ireland. Seldom do overseas trip as have 4 young kids to look after. This is also the first overseas trip I brought along my range finder system and things turned out well. Not many photos due to lack of time and bad weather.

http://www.fuwen.net/photos_travelothers/i...land__Sept_2008

Long time no see!

film definitely still has a different kind of feel/look to it!

Please share more pics with us fuwen :D

I wonder what is the future of film in the 21st Century. Will the 20th century history of photography be remembered as the beginning of the end for film?

I wonder what is the future of film in the 21st Century. Will the 20th century history of photography be remembered as the beginning of the end for film?

Not likely the end for film, some of my views at http://www.fuwen.net/index.php?option=com_...d=71&Itemid=131

As the big players see dropping in profit for selling film, small players find new business opportunities in selling film to even a small market segment. Well film will probably never be the main stream photography media again.

As I have said I am faily sure that film will out-live me. : )