fishball79

Do you have a loudspeaker rig?

Do you have a loudspeaker rig?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hmmm just curious how you guys view the paradox of loudspeakers and headphones. Both does the same job albeit with different presentation, cost and benefits.

hey u are missing one option here.

Yes, but my loudspeaker rig can't compare to my headphones.

thats my case here

Having both!

Loud speakered system is great if you're willing to spend the money......

but that's just half the fun....... holiday.gif

Meta Bon 0013

Edited by matbon0013

used to have klipsch 2.1 for compie

sold them.

Like to have both, use mostly headphones now.

you forgot,

'no, beacuse i think headphones are better than speakers in general.'

party.gif

adhoc,

Hmmm could be my subconcious preference towards speakers that caused that to be missed out. unsure.gif I tried but cant change the poll items so i guess headphone over speakers people will have to vote in the closest choice, Yes, cans are just as good and is an alternative to music enjoyment

i find them more convenient. as in you'll NEVER have pamily members or neighbours complain about the too-loud volumes. of course though there is the danger that you might NOT hear impt things like the phone ringing or wife shouting for you, but that's only if you listen at a dangrous volume or have closed headphones or an in-canal type.

and of course headphones are great if you love looking out for details in the music, like the singer flipping the page or a pencil dropping or the drummer coughing softly in the background. no speaker can let you see that much detail i think. at least not for the same price you pay for a headphones setup. yucky.gif

I really see both cans and loudspeakers two very different approach to music enjoyment. Both have their advantages and shortfalls.

Howabout when the whole family or gang comes over for movies? Howabout music when you run around the house doing errands? Or when you want to feel the actual size of a live orchestra or rock concert?

Anyhoo for me, im sure i can slap up a satisfying amp and loudspeaker combo that'll cost the same as retail for a pair of cans and a headamp... but that's into DIY territory...

Both are capable of beaming me to sonic heaven and musical ecstacy. To me, it's like having a choice of abalone and chilly crab.....a dish for different palate at different times.

haha so which one is the more expensive abalone? lol.gif

mackie u can always donate the abalone to this poor fisherman ... lol.giflol.giflol.gif !!!

Ideally a speaker set up is still the best form for listening to music in an uncompromising solution but headphones has the intimacy & 'feel' of enveloping sound which I never had any problems with unless with older recordings hence never felt the need for crossfeed. Although I have yet to hear it properly executed (say Headroom Max or PreHead).