Sign in to follow this  
renesis

Price fluctuations ever?

I'm just interested whether the prices in the local prices thread is still current? The reason I ask is because I was thinking of getting a pair of Beyer DT880's from the U.S but the price at Hung Bros seems reasonable as well. I don't think it's feasible for someone to regularly update the prices in there. I guess what I am asking is that do the prices from a few months ago still apply now? Another question I have is that are Hung Bros open to negotiation on prices?

They should stay around the same price...no reason to change, unless there's a sale...which so far I haven't seen from Hung Bro's. Example, the price of a HD 280pro Senn was 239 in March. Last I checked, it was still at that price...As for negotiation, hehe, dunno, not very good at it...

Where? I'm in Australia and it is $500AUD (www.headphones.com.au), so something like $600SGD? I was thinking of getting it from the U.S which is something like $260USD (not including shipping which will probably bring up the price even more) which I'm not sure how much it is in SGD. Check www.headphone.com aka Headroom. Shipping is a real killer though, but I do have relatives from Singapore.

Edited by renesis

This might be asking a bit, but if anybody happens to be at hung bros, would you mind having a peek to see what the current price of the DT880 is?

you could just call them - 6336 9989

Try Anything Audio at Parklane Shopping Mall too. They also carry the DT880. No idea of price.

I think you might be referring to the Yellow Pages. Different colour but all the same. I believe that Hung Bro and Anything Audio should be selling about or less than S$450.

I'd be happy if they sold them closer to $300 but obviously they have to make some money. If I get the time this weekend I'll give them a call.

I'm just interested whether the prices in the local prices thread is still current?... I guess what I am asking is that do the prices from a few months ago still apply now? Another question I have is that are Hung Bros open to negotiation on prices?

The prices most probably still apply, and even if there is any change, it is more likely to be decremental. However, your safest bet is still to visit/call to check, and of course bargain for a best price. Many dealers, including Hung Brothers, are open to negotiation on prices.

Thanks everyone for the replies. About negotiation how low can you go before they yell at you? (Partly a joke, but I'm serious about how far you can negotiate)

It's impossible to buy the flagship of Beyer cans ie. DT880 as SGD300.....even DT250/150/990/770 don't sell at this price.