Rameish

Said goodbye to my HP-1

RawHit, congratulations & enjoy! I hope one day I will be able to say the same thing as you did. Not specifically owning a pair of HP-1 but just listening to the music & forgetting about the gear.

Sourcing for HP-1 LOL. What do you guys think? I have a closetfull of them. I'll try to get one or two if I can. But the current day prices for them is big time ouch. More and more people are clamouring for them. For me, like I said before, I'm happy with either the HP-1 or RS-1. Obviously, not everyone agrees. In fact, if I had only around S$350 - S$450 my first choice would br the SR-225.

Grado Fanatic lah - Beyer is very nice as well esp the DT-150 and to a slightly lesser extent the DT-880. Senn HD-600 really needs an amp like X-Cans to shine but its shine is still overshadowed by the Beyer DT-880.

Mat, if I had $1 for everytime somone told me that I be rich by now :-).

I'll keep a lookout anyways and I think I put it in the classifieds.

Well, FWIW, somehow or rather I feel that my money is not good in SGH me thinks!

I don't blame you guys due to the fact I'm only geographically challenged and when cash is concerened better be safe than sorry right?

rolleyes.gif

Don't get me wrong Matbon. Nothing to do with trust at all. It just if I do find any it going to be another one-off thing and the highest offer gets it. If you were with us a couple of months back the Groda HP-1 were on sale (no one wanted them then). It's just when it's not available, everyone wants one, but whe it becomes available, people adopt a wait and see...well...i don't know...maybe etc

I make you a deal, if I get one I'll put you on the list with N@Z. He and Rohit were on the list and I did offer it to both before I advertized on SG Classifieds - both declined. Now that Rohit is off the list. N@Z will be in first place and you second - all academic if you ask me as the chances of getting one in good condition with box and papers etc at a good price is slim.

I'm still kicking myself for not taking up on Zanth's (Head-Fi) offer last time for about $600. At that time I was relatively new to Head-Fi so I was apprehensive spending that amount of money so soon.

hm.. I am not in any position to comment .. but..

I've read many reviews comparing the hp-1 and the rs-1 . While the hp-1 is said to be more neutral and accurate, the rs-1 seems to have a slight edge in detail and intimacy. So I wonder what the hype is all about. Well for me I would rather take the 'intimate 'sound to flat, neutral sound. So I guess I would take rs-1 over the hp-1 anytime.

It seems quite scary how people in ebay bidded close to 1k usd for them. wow... I wonder if they have heard the hp-1 sound or they are just buying blindly based on the hype.

The fact that it is flat/neutral doesn't automatically mean it is not musical. It's all down to taste but that Hype sure sucks though. However, some people have more money they can shake a stick at so let them have their way for now.

As you might have gathered! I like to collect 'RARE' hard to get VFM items ohmy.gif

It's a form of investments on my personnal philosophy!! headphone.gif