Blues

Beyerdynamic DT880 impression!!

I guess like what Guy has mentioned, the meet will be swarmed with DT880. Phew, one can get sick at the sight of it.

Yes I agree with U Oak......HOWEVER, our pairs with the twiddly cones on the sides will be a sight to behold! tongue.gifparty.gif

Certainly! I guess it's time to show how these Audio Industries Cones do the wonders and give some due credit to Henry for bringing them in.

Dun need to mod. Just place two Audio Industries Cones just above the DT880 label on the sides of the cans and you will hear better positioning, imaging, focusing (all 3 are related) and to a certain extent, depth as well. Recommendations from Mackie is to use the 3M double sided foam tape. Make sure the tape is the size of a small square and avoid using a rectangular long piece to stick.

Dun need to mod. Just place two Audio Industries Cones just above the DT880 label on the sides of the cans and you will hear better positioning, imaging, focusing (all 3 are related) and to a certain extent, depth as well. Recommendations from Mackie is to use the 3M double sided foam tape. Make sure the tape is the size of a small square and avoid using a rectangular long piece to stick.

how much for the cones?

you sure look farny with the Cones + DT880 holiday.gif

A set of 3 cones for S$40. I guess Henry is back from Canada now and so he will be able to demonstrate the tricks he has up his sleeves.

The same cones can be placed on top of the CDP to control the sound of the CDP. Hear it to believe it!

Cheers!

dgps : dun worry! Only your close ones will see the combi. Unless you DO walk around town with the 880s?

Edited by Northern Oak

hahaha

true but as far as I could remember...

the cones do more wonder with my dt770 pro, rite mackie?

I remembered when I was in mackie's house , my dt770 sounded much better with the cone. But the dt880's improvement was very subtle.Proabably because 880's much more refined, so it doesn't improve so much.

try searching for mackie's post. He did take some pics of the cans with the cones on.

okie.... sleep.gif

Pictures are included on my review thread under "Articles". Here's one for a quick view. Btw, I've since moved the cones just above the "Beyerdynamic" label.

user posted image

Edited by Mackie

um.. listening to aqua - aquarium album

nice can!!!! very musical and involving!!!! sweetttt.. I could listen for hours before I have to take them off. The soundstage and the vocals never cease to amaze me!!!

Bass goes deep enough for me. Of course there is no bang boom bass but all is tight and well controlled bass. Well if you want impact then its older brother dt770 is infamous for that..

yea.. so what I am trying to say is.. this can is marvellous!!! I can see why some people put it in cd3000 vs hd600 vs w1000 fight..

Seems that I've also found the right combination with my gear smile.gif.

Mackie, forgot to ask u what did u use to stick the cones on the beyer??

Congrats Guy! wink.gif

Edited by Sipher

really??

i thought i saw blue tac(dont know what's the spelling)?

maybe i got it wrongly.

No lah, that retangular bit U see is the brand label. For closer imaging, use thin-double side tape. For a more balanced imaging and soundstaging, use 3M double side foam tape. I'm using the latter as my Tara Labs interconnects lean in favour of the mids.