Sign in to follow this  
adhoc

brothers, need some help

it's abt a girl, so all of you who are not into girls can click the small 'x' in the top right hand corner.

hai, i'm feeling damn depressed right now. dont know why but i just feel like telling you all. somehow even though i havent met most/all of you, i just feel like we've got something special - a community of sorts - here. hah maybe hopefully some of the more experienced ones amongst us have some advice for me.

i got toyed around really bad by some girl. i really really liked her, and she seemed receptive. she accepted when i asked her out, and we went out for a few months.

just a bit of background info, this girl was from my former secondary school's 'sister' school, we were in the same jc, she's my jc's netball captain, she looked exactly like how i'd always imagined i would want a girl to look like, she's filthy rich, and nice. or well, so i thought.

even though we didnt define anything outright, as in we never said 'i am your girlfriend/boyfriend', i felt we had something special going on. we went for long quiet walks, talked about life, our parents, studies. we were not exactly the same personality wise, but we were happy together. she told me she had never felt so close to a guy before, that she wanted to go steady with me in the future, etc etc.

i was on cloud nine then. how happy i was.

then one day she just 'disappeared'. as in literally. call dont reply. msg dont reply. just like she never existed.

when i met her in school she was like bo-chap like that. ignored me totally. i didnt do anything wrong i was sure. whenever i tried to talk to her she brushed me off.

finally one day she agreed to meet me and 'talk things out'. hah. i had never ever been so angry in my life. here's an excerpt:

me: what happened to you? are you ok? why did you just go off like that?

she: i felt pressured by you.

me: pressured by me? did i do anything wrong?

she: no, it's not your fault.

WHAT AM I TO DO MAN??! what do these girls want?

you know what makes me the biggest FAILURE in the world? she dropped ME in FAVOUR OF HER OLD SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER.

wanna know something else? this 'teacher' is MARRIED. AND A FRIGGIN' WOMAN FOR CHRISSAKES. how sad am i? a 18yr old male passed over for a 40-something married woman by a girl.

i dont know, i've never really gotten over her. it's been a few months already, but yet i sometimes can still suddenly without warning just drop into depression.

you know what's ironic? if all this had never happened, i might never have discovered sgheadphones. after this all happened i just drowned and lost myself in music.

hai, sorry to make such a long nonsense topic. sorry for wasting your time reading all of this.

How I feel young reading your post.

An advice that you may choose from me:

FORGET HER!!!

Not easy though. It took me a year, so good luck.

it's abt a girl, so all of you who are not into girls can click the small 'x' in the top right hand corner.

hai, i'm feeling damn depressed right now. dont know why but i just feel like telling you all. somehow even though i havent met most/all of you, i just feel like we've got something special - a community of sorts - here. hah maybe hopefully some of the more experienced ones amongst us have some advice for me.

i got toyed around really bad by some girl. i really really liked her, and she seemed receptive. she accepted when i asked her out, and we went out for a few months.

just a bit of background info, this girl was from my former secondary school's 'sister' school, we were in the same jc, she's my jc's netball captain, she looked exactly like how i'd always imagined i would want a girl to look like, she's filthy rich, and nice. or well, so i thought.

even though we didnt define anything outright, as in we never said 'i am your girlfriend/boyfriend', i felt we had something special going on. we went for long quiet walks, talked about life, our parents, studies. we were not exactly the same personality wise, but we were happy together. she told me she had never felt so close to a guy before, that she wanted to go steady with me in the future, etc etc.

i was on cloud nine then. how happy i was.

then one day she just 'disappeared'. as in literally. call dont reply. msg dont reply. just like she never existed.

when i met her in school she was like bo-chap like that. ignored me totally. i didnt do anything wrong i was sure. whenever i tried to talk to her she brushed me off.

finally one day she agreed to meet me and 'talk things out'. hah. i had never ever been so angry in my life. here's an excerpt:

me: what happened to you? are you ok? why did you just go off like that?

she: i felt pressured by you.

me: pressured by me? did i do anything wrong?

she: no, it's not your fault.

WHAT AM I TO DO MAN??! what do these girls want?

you know what makes me the biggest FAILURE in the world? she dropped ME in FAVOUR OF HER OLD SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHER.

wanna know something else? this 'teacher' is MARRIED. AND A FRIGGIN' WOMAN FOR CHRISSAKES. how sad am i? a 18yr old male passed over for a 40-something married woman by a girl.

i dont know, i've never really gotten over her. it's been a few months already, but yet i sometimes can still suddenly without warning just drop into depression.

you know what's ironic? if all this had never happened, i might never have discovered sgheadphones. after this all happened i just drowned and lost myself in music.

hai, sorry to make such a long nonsense topic. sorry for wasting your time reading all of this.

hmm....you are still young..what is more impt now? (ya ya i know i sound like a broken record).......dun worry so much about BGR, i am not saying dun get involved in BGR, but dun get too deep, you must know where to stop and where is the limit ...i been thru' that stage and was burnt during my Jc days......did so so during the 'A' but luckily still managed to squeeze into the U.....

trust me..she is not the only girl you gonna meet in your whole life...... you will meet plenty of them (better ones) in the U, your work place etc.........

you are young only once.........enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers......................

beer.gif

it's weird. i know it sounds so precocious coming from someone my age but i feel all sort of hollow inside now. like empty like that.

i also used to think that 'goodness man, bgr at -this- age! haha! how pathetic!' then now i find myself on the wrong side of the fence.

Notthing you can do about it. It'll go away. The toughest steel is tempered - you just got whacked a couple of times. She's obviously looking for a role figure type - guy or gal makes no difference. Good luck and that's life. What can I tell you - it's easier the 2nd time around. Just don't turn sour.

Try keeping yourself occupied. By the time you just forget these things ever happen.

You remember again after married and a few kids to start with... yes.gif

hah hopefully it'll be like the corny show where i can look back and laugh at my childhood silliness.

and rameish, it's very difficult to not get sour (bitter?). sometimes i feel a bit disgusted or jealous or dont know what wheneevr i see happy couples.

If you think she worth it FIGHT! Don't get loose yourself and do your maths properly.

If not then there is other fish in the ocean.

In both cases don't crash and burn that is not the male attitude!

Pull it off and I tip my hat on you DUDE! headphone.gif

nah..you're so young. there'll be many more to come wink.gif

and I learnt the hard way that there're FAR worse things in life than to lose a gf sleep.gif

Adhoc,

Sorry to hear that man ... but like what the others said, it'll take time and one day you'll find someone deserving of your feelings.

Personally I had crashed and burned many many times over the years. And each time, painstakingly, slowly picking up the broken pieces and trying to get on with life. But as the cliche goes, life goes on. And truly it does.

In the mean time, keep listening to music and take it easy. party.gif

First off. sorry to hear about it. Life sucks (Guy?). This must be the first so it's gotta be the hardest.

Crash & burn, stiff upper lip, whatever. Do whatever YOU have to do to get over her. Based on your description, she may be worth it or not but she gave the wrong signals to you & made you feel this way. Not you. Just don't wallow too long. Waste of time. Time is precious, time is money!

Once you get it out of your system you will feel alot better which will be what you are feeling right now opening up to your friends here. Go to the meet, your friends will be there to keep your mind off the bitter sweet memory. Who knows, on your way to or back from the meet you might have a chance meeting, a new chapter. Life is full of opportunities, up to you to grab it.

Hi adhoc,

i think it's just an adhoc and incidental case, life goes on. Better things come after ns is done, whether more time with gals in Uni or more fun with colleagues at work. More so that you could better profile the types you want while beefing up your budget for the kill (i mean marriage). So stay positive, be alert to nice gals around you and be prepared to make the next move when opportunity comes. wink.gif

Sighhh.....love hurts...so sweet and yet it brings so much of pain..sad1.gif

Well guys(not our Guy tongue.gif ), it's easy to say and to advice. but when it comes/came to u, do u really think that u r as rational as what the advices u gives?

Time will heal doctor.gif, years later she's just a fade image to u.

I have no advice for u becos I also donno how to solve or overcome it.

Good Luck!

Yes because I've been through it, have you?