Sign in to follow this  
evil-zen

First Sgheadphone meet impression

I say screw it all. if one has a unique way of defining 'reference', and thats how he likes it, shouldn't bother what the others think, or whether its the 'ideal' way to listen. if for eg. firefox likes doing it that way, I say, good for him. or if guyferd likes his boomy DT770, and everything else sucks. so be it. I think its sorta like religion. you think what you want. I think what I want. don't force your ideas on me, and I won't force mine on you! happy.gif

Ablaze, I don't think there are any kind of "forces" here, we are just sharing our experences, this is what this forum for, right? We learn from each other and improve ourselves w00t.gif

Firfox, thanks for letting us know, I will go find the disc you mentioned. yes.gif

BTW, when are you free to help me to get my Greek done? I checked after that post, with output from cyrus 7, there seems no hissing, but not stable, when use with portable, there is hissing sound when thouch the casing, please, do me the favour to help me, I'm a idiot on diy wacko.gif

You can PM me or email me at tianxiong.pu@jurong.com.

Thank you! laugh.gif

guy - hrmm, $270. not that bad.. hrmm. you've seen me before, you think the dt770 PRO can fit my head? or is my head too big? laugh.gif

ablaze, WHOA, calm down there.. w00t.gif you sounded quite emotional and all..

and ting, JURONG.com?

lol.gif

I heard that DT770/990 consumer versions are on sale at JBL Gallery. Guess what the price is... a whopping $500!

I'm expecting the balance of the DT880 power buy stocks to arrive next week and my relative has sprung a surprise on me. He included the 770 and 990 consumer versions for me to try out. I knew he have them before the power buy and this was highlighted when I did the review of DT880 vs HD600. Never did I think he's so generous to send them over for me to play with! Yippeeee........ kicking.gif

Edited by Mackie

.. mackie.. u're a lucky guy ^^

maybe you can lend me the dt990? hammer.gifhammer.gif

it uses the same driver as 770, but as it's an open design, sound more airy and has less bass.I am a beyer fan. have owned 250, 770 and now 880 lol..

adhoc, dt770 can fit on anyone's head lah. The cup is the same size as 880, so shouldn't be a problem. When you bought them new, they will be a bit tight, so you might want to put some harry potter books in the middle laugh.gif

and ting, JURONG.com?

lol.gif

Used to belong to JTC, after corporatise, we became JTC Consultant then change to Jurong Consultant,

haha unsure.gifhammer.gif

Firfox, thanks for letting us know, I will go find the disc you mentioned. yes.gif

LOl ting I think firefox brought the cd that he's most familiar with. So there is no point in getting that cd that he used, coz it might be unfamiliar to you. I bet you have alot of favourite cds/songs too . You can actually use it to audition. As always, use what is most familiar to you so that you know the changes, etc. happy.gif

Just my 100 yen

ting.. lol.gif

mackie, so can we expect a power buy of dt770s anytime soon? if so remember i am interested in one. tongue.gif

oh and guyferd, actually i was referring to the maximum extension of the headband.

for example, on my head, i have to extend the px200s headband to MAX. and even then, it just barely makes it.

Edited by adhoc

adhoc, for the dt770PRO version, you need to extend to max

but I heard the consumer version, the one mackie will get soon, has the same comfort level as 880. So it should give you a rough gauge how it will fit and feel like.

My opinion, dt880 will trounce 770 in every factor , save for the bass. Maybe you would like to use 770 specifically for the bass/fun music. Other than that, I don't see how 770 can fight for their place with 880.

880 is significantly more unfatiguing.. much much better soundstage.

exactly. the dt770 will likely be my dedicated trance headphones.

for everyone out there that's going "trance? what's that?" here's a link to another thread tongue.gif :

http://www.sgheadphones.com/index.php?act=...T&f=4&t=479&hl=

hm..

I think there's also another thing that they excel in.. gaming

they are also the king in game for a simple reason... unmatched bass reproduction.

But this if you hook your 770 to your pc..

I used to do so, using the mini to rca, and obh-11 and then 11se. It sounds fantastic. laugh.gif

.. mackie.. u're a lucky guy ^^

maybe you can lend me the dt990? hammer.gifhammer.gif

it uses the same driver as 770, but as it's an open design, sound more airy and has less bass.I am a beyer fan. have owned 250, 770 and now 880 lol..

adhoc, dt770 can fit on anyone's head lah. The cup is the same size as 880, so shouldn't be a problem. When you bought them new, they will be a bit tight, so you might want to put some harry potter books in the middle laugh.gif

Guy,

I'm expecting consumer versions of 770 and 990, not the pro. I was told the aesthetics and packaging are difference....more contemporary. Also, the clamping pressure is lesser in the latest versions....very much like the 880s. ** rubbing my hands over coming days **

Mackie, Can I have your cousins phone number? hehehe! tongue.gif

Let us know how it fare against the DT880's headphone.gif

Mat,

As yet, I think 880 still takes the cake but 770/990 does give another option in its own right.

mackie,

I know you're getting the non-pro version..

that's why I asked if you could lend me *chuckle* tongue.gif

I don't mind even if it's pro though. Good thing about the pro is that is blocks better noise. Might be useful for those who use their cans for LAN-party biggrin.gif

Guy, I shall audition these cans carefully after I lay my hands and ears on them. As yet, I think 770 being closed cans have more appeal to me. However, my quiet music room is also ideal for open cans.

Think about it......770 for my hip hop/R&B collections, 880 for jazz/acoustic collections, 990 for classical. I gotta be either mad to own all three or strike consolation prize on 4D. w00t.gifheadphone.gif