Sign in to follow this  
Blues

Nice amp for dt880

The DT880's are a real pain to burn in......... mellow.gif

How long does it bloody takes ? Its been 66hours burning in non stop already. It only opens up ever so slightly! unsure.gif

mat.

In my opinion dt880 DOES not need any burn-in

Eversince day 1, they don't change at all. perhaps it's a little smoother and less harsh in the highs, but that;s very subtle.

Compared to my other cans like 250, 770, this one requires the least

but I just burn them full 100 hr for the sake of it biggrin.gif

Highly subjective, in my opinion Mat's 880's sounded like it still needed more burn-in as it sounded too tight especially in the low end. Although bass extension seems quite good at this stage so far. What I felt it lacked is weight. But whoever said it is bright sounding need to look elsewhere in their chain as these cans are definitely not bright. More to come in our mini meet thread soon. Need to sort out the photos & my simple write up.

N@z. yes, definately. The dt880 is more towards neutral. They don't really exaggerate any sound.Thus might sound boring, but it's also highly unfatiguing. Coupled with crossfeed.. you're ready to win the marathon session biggrin.gif

sleep.gif hrmm crossfeed...

hrmm.

The DT880's are a real pain to burn in......... mellow.gif

How long does it bloody takes ? Its been 66hours burning in non stop already. It only opens up ever so slightly! unsure.gif

Remember HD600 is also another pair of cans that takes a looooong time to burn in....a quirk with high impedance cans? I recommend 100 hours for the 880s. Things will improve by leaps and bounds thereafter. These cans remind me of Dynaudio speakers............really resilient to burn in process.

Edited by Mackie

mackie's dynaudio? w00t.gifw00t.gif

I wonder where I can get the pads huh? peak fusion?

adhoc: yes, yes crossfeed .. yeah.gif

hrmm maybe i should get a crossfeed circuit done and in-line it with my soon-to-be-made DIY headphone cables.

anyone got any idea how to make one or who can make one?

U missed the boat adhoc. I will be collecting my crossfeed from lengcm on Mon.........straight from UK. PM him for details.

what! alamak. hai man.

adhoc, I suggest head-fi hunting for a used ha-1 or even the ha-1 mkii.

It offers amp and crossfeed in a design. So you don't have to crack your head thinking of new amp after getting your crossfeed circuit. Plus, the sound is clean and neutral as it can get.

My 100 yen of course. And this is coming from a guy who has auditioned both ha-1 and gilmore beer.gif

Remember HD600 is also another pair of cans that takes a looooong time to burn in....a quirk with high impedance cans? I recommend 100 hours for the 880s. Things will improve by leaps and bounds thereafter. These cans remind me of Dynaudio speakers............really resilient to burn in process.

84 hour check DT880's only begining to show signs of opening up. ohmy.gif

I think our DT880's vs HD600 comparison has to be done all over again no.gif

DT880 is like the cockney accented lady in "My Fair Lady"..........takes quite a while till "The Fat Lady Sings".

These cans growl if U feed them with well recorded double bass. Try Patricia Barber - Nightclub album; track 7 "Autumn Leaves". Of course, I'm able to hear it as my cans are a couple of months old now. U wanna hear bass depth and slam? Try Karrin Allyson - Ballads album, Track 4 drum intro.