cmk

Audiophile Music player for PC

I would like to add my personal thanks to evil for his assistance in getting me setup for audiophile PC audio.

This foobar2000 and the EAC thingy work just fine. In fact listening on my notebook with through the headphone socket to the MS Pro, it sounds amazingly good. No need for a portable amp even.

I would like to add my personal thanks to evil for his assistance in getting me setup for audiophile PC audio.

This foobar2000 and the EAC thingy work just fine. In fact listening on my notebook with through the headphone socket to the MS Pro, it sounds amazingly good. No need for a portable amp even.

Did you add in the tube sound plugin for foobar2000? that makes it sound really good.

Is there a foobar for mac...?

sounds very interesting..

Did you add in the tube sound plugin for foobar2000? that makes it sound really good.

Can you elaborate what the tube sound plugin is all about?

Can you elaborate what the tube sound plugin is all about?

There is a third party plugin posted on the options website is I remember correctly. The plugin is to emulate the sound output as if through a tube amp.

Edited by flu_fighter

CMK, sorry was overseas when you sms me. Hopefully you've solved your problem already.

If not, the freedb is under Database, Get cd information from, remote freedb. Some of the rarer cds are not found in it. I also bought the Bailey cd and it was not found.

Hi Evil

Yup, managed to fuddle my way through... :))

I managed to find the Bailey CD data on the web, though the track title is quite long. Thanks anyway.

I tried to copy hybrid SACDs using EAC and it can't do it.

Is there a solution? Or the CD layer of SACDs just cannot be read?

I think the DVD combo drive on my IBM gets confused with the SACD layer.

cmk, as you should know, you can only rip the cd layer. I did the same thing as well and it is possible. As you said, the dvd might be confused with the sacd layer. Maybe you can try ripping in another computer and copy over.

bro my MS2i also sound very good liao......u using MS PRO so should sound even better :yeah:

but yeah using it with my laptop and audigy 2 ZS PCMCIA. I played an original HDCD and was wowed by its clarity. Nearly cried :party:

Yup no need portable amp thats the nicest thing. If have also very minor marginal difference cos I tried with a tube amp before :cans: