Sign in to follow this  
cmk

Another PA2V2 thread, but about ps

Ahhh yes yes, you're probably right. yes.gif 1 O'clock is zero for me.

Yes I experienced the problem with imbalanced channels too. For my friend's case, the problem also goes away at higher volumes.

Somehow, while the PA2V2 does somehow help to bring out some low detail sounds that were veiled before, it also makes the music more fatiguing. I don't know how to explain this, I could just lie on my bed listening to my music without the amp, but with the PA2V2 I have to take it off and rest after about half an hour of listening.

Positive the PA2V2 should take about 5 to 7 days to arrive.

Incidentally, since I ordered the PA2V2 on behalf of my friend, I asked Gary to solder a socket and install the LM4881 onto the socket to so as to allow some op-amp rolling opportunities. He said that the TI TPA6111A2 is compatible with the LM4881. Do you guys know of any compatible op-amps?

The problem with the imbalance channel has disappeared, think I also re-positioned the cans over my ears for better centering.

I do not feel the music more fatiguing with the detail retrieval, in fact, I'm quite used to it. I suppose it really depends on which headphone you are using with it. I find the K501 a good match with it, as well as the 880. Also the bass seems to extend deeper than before, but the centre image is still in the middle of my head. I suppose a change of mini-mini cable is needed to tighten things up.

Oh.. I order mine on the 13 may, now is already the 23 may going to 24th.

10 days liao still haven't gotten mine yet.

Like to ask if they deliver to ur place or they dump it in ur letter box?

Oh.. I order mine on the 13 may, now is already the 23 may going to 24th.

10 days liao still haven't gotten mine yet.

Like to ask if they deliver to ur place or they dump it in ur letter box?

Mine took about 10 days to arrive. It was delievered to my doorstep. Maybe its cos the old letter box opening is too small. Now my box upgraded already. Postman can open them.

There are 2 cables you guys might wanna try. They are Canare L2T2S and L4E5S, both terminated with Canare F12 and Neutrik "L" 1/8" stereo phono plugs. These plugs are available at LHS for a total of $9.50 approx. (not inclusive of cable)

I reckon L2T2S suits closed cans better owing to its laidback and smoother presentation, which reduces fatique and also gives better soundstaging depth and therefore, a more open sound. However, partnering this cable with open cans used on the go, will result in loss of subtle sonic details to ambient noise.

L4E5S gives a more forward presentation which should invoke greater emotion and offers fuller body to sound. Like most Canare cables, this cable does not sound warm but neither is it bright. I've used this with Grado on the move and knowing how much Grado leaks sound, I still find the cable capable of reproducing subtle details. However, I perceive using this cable with closed cans may cause fatique to set in sooner albeit exciting during initial period.

Last but not least, the higher priced Canare and Neutrik plugs are worth the money in gold as they fit snuggly in the socket whilst cheaper plugs tend to "swim" after a while, causing static to be heard when person is in motion.

The pot of PA2V2 is its Archilles Heel. Although the imbalance of right and left channels is less/not evident when used with high impedance cans, it aint so with low impedance ones. The trick is to pull the knob slightly outward and twist it to the desired setting. The initial imbalance will be negated.

post-8-1148446022.jpg

Edited by Mackie

The Neutrik "L" 1/8" stereo phono plugs looks nice! Where can i have them done? I buy the plugs and cables and ask who to do? The shop? Sorry man, never DIY cable before. unsure.giftongue.gif

I want a 3.5mm to 3.5mm and a 3.5mm to RCAs.

Edited by afbug

Positive, for my case where I helped my friend to order one, Gary said it will take 5-10 working days to arrive. Maybe you wait a few more days first?

get it from LHS

can ask them to do for you too

Thanks dude. beer.gif

Thanks to tbln, I've found my cable of choice to match up with the PA2V2 with the Kimber. Was mighty impressed with the Zu, unfortunately it was priced to match as well.

Canare cables will sound nice and round, not offensive in any particular way. The downside is that they tend to lack in refinement, but should balance out cans which are tilted too much to the treble.

Cardas has very nice mids, and overall will sound very pleasant. Bass does not extend very deep.

For those going to LHS, try to look for a shielded cable with higher guage (higher number is a thinner cable) and high purity copper/silver. This should match the amp well.