Sign in to follow this  
cmk

Another PA2V2 thread, but about ps

Regarding rechargable batt, wat is the better/reliable one out there?

I prefer Sony, Sanyo and Maha Powerex. You can try Camelion, Varta or GP.

Using the 2200mah Maha Powerex in my PA2V2.

saw the sanyo bat with charger. cost abt 50buck.. was shocked that is this ex..

haha.

Thanks afbug for the recommendation.

like to ask u abt regarding the mini 2 mini cable.

Where can i get a slightly better one than the one which is include.

no need to be too ex or too high class, just reasonable good n available in SG.

This is just my opinion but paying for the Sony 15min charger which is available at the Sony centre in Sim Lim Square for $59.90 is worth it. You get a ultra quick charger and 4 AA rechargable batteries. I only wish they have a power pack which is 110-220V as I do travel. Most other 15min chargers cost 50% more.

saw the sanyo bat with charger. cost abt 50buck.. was shocked that is this ex..

haha.

Thanks afbug for the recommendation.

like to ask u abt regarding the mini 2 mini cable.

Where can i get a slightly better one than the one which is include.

no need to be too ex or too high class, just reasonable good n available in SG.

Bro, this thread is mostly about cables and vol imbalance. Read the thread!

For chargers/batts, If you're just using it for a PA2V2, no need to get those super fast charge. 1-2 hrs charge will do cos the PA2V2 can last really long. It will be sometime before you will need to charge your batts again. But if you got other electronics using AA batts, like cameras, then go for a higher end charger or 15min one.

heady, my Sanyo charger got 110-220V rating. Your Sony ones dun?

Is your one sided loudness on 1 hp only or other hp as well?

Actually I do not know. Haven't tried yet 'cos I can only afford a pair of cans, which is the SR80. BTW my wiring of the discman to remote to CARDAS mini mini to PA2v2 to SR80 makes my bag look like a bomb. lol

Re: rechargeable AA/AAA batteries, the Sanyo ones are the best. They retain the charge the longest. GP batteries are okay. Sony's didn't last long. All this in relation to digicam useage which is more demanding. For the PA2V2, I've yet to run it down to zero charge. I charge it intermittently. So far, it has never shown any signs of a weak charge. And this is even after turning up the vol quite a bit, IMO very ideal for a portable amp.

TT, you can try lowering the output from the source, so that you can use more of the PA2v2's vol pot.

I do that. In fact, out of a possible range of volumes from 1-20, my volume is set at 3 and my PA2V2 is full blast. But when I crank up PA2V2's volume too high, there's this irritating static hiss.

sorry this it OT.

Afbug, I wanted to buy the Sony charger cos basically I am impatient but when I saw the power pack is only 220V, I didn't buy it. The other brands are much more ex, which is surprising for Sony. I am waiting for prices to drop... I am a cheapskate lah. biggrin.gif

sorry this it OT.

Afbug, I wanted to buy the Sony charger cos basically I am impatient but when I saw the power pack is only 220V, I didn't buy it. The other brands are much more ex, which is surprising for Sony. I am waiting for prices to drop... I am a cheapskate lah. biggrin.gif

Sony's really good ones are their blue stamina batts which is really ex. Their silver ones cheaper. Sanyo's pricing is quite reasonable and is good. You might want to try them. Or try Maha chargers. One of the best according to camera users but more ex than Sanyo.

This AA charger will be suitable:

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info....&products_id=30

This is a really overkill one for amp:

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info....products_id=522

Your amp using 9V batts rite? I wanted to get these but ex and no bundle with batt:

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info....products_id=573

So likely to settle for this:

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/product_info....products_id=120

Edited by afbug

TT, suggest you raise the vol on the source to midway, and have the PA2V2 running around mid way too, this should be fine.

For the Grado SR80, try repositioning the headphone on your head. Sometimes due to the slight misalinement of the driver, one side can appear louder than the other. I found this with the MS Pro, and now this problem is solved for me.

I oreder mine on the 17 Jul and I has yet to receive it !! :bash:

Oh.. I order mine on the 13 may, now is already the 23 may going to 24th.

10 days liao still haven't gotten mine yet.

Like to ask if they deliver to ur place or they dump it in ur letter box?