Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

Wide angle lens to recommend for D70

Visit http://forums.clubsnap.org/ for more info.

If you don't need it 12mm wide, add another $100 to your budget & you can get the Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 thumbup1.gif

I think you should read the reviews (here's one - http://www.nikonians.org/html/resources/ni...out/index.html) of the Tokina 12-24 before you plonk big time money on the Nikkor 12-24. I know a pro photog with the Nikkor and don't like it. On the other hand, some respected photogs have given the thumbs-up for the Tokina. So I guess if you can forgive the fact that it does not have the right brand, you may want to consider the Tokina. I am trying to save up for one, although rationally, it is a waste for me, as I go for photo shoots only once or twice a year. But you know lah, the covetousness of man biggrin.gif

Edited by heady

ermmm actually, tokina not that good either

it's only a DX lens tongue.gif

what about sigma 12-24? can use on full frame

oh wait. nikon cant make full frame cams tongue.gif

What about the Sigma 10-20? Now thats wide. biggrin.gif

I'd either go with the Sigma if I want really wide, and the Tokina for the 12-24...unless I have lots of $$$ and use the lens very often I won't buy the Nikon.

Perhaps the cheapest option is to stick to the D70s kit and take an extra 2 or 3 steps backwards? laugh.gif

Edited by av98m

What about the Sigma 10-20? Now thats wide. biggrin.gif

I'd either go with the Sigma if I want really wide, and the Tokina for the 12-24...unless I have lots of $$$ and use the lens very often I won't buy the Nikon.

Perhaps the cheapest option is to stick to the D70s kit and take an extra 2 or 3 steps backwards? laugh.gif

LOL. I just don't want to buy a cheaper alternative and end up regreting my choice.

No, for the love of everything that is all good, don't buy the Sigma. The Nikkor is about 1.4k, the Tokina is about 800+. I'm using the Tokina, and the CA can be rather hard to control.

No, for the love of everything that is all good, don't buy the Sigma. The Nikkor is about 1.4k, the Tokina is about 800+. I'm using the Tokina, and the CA can be rather hard to control.

Don't mind if I ask, what is CA? Thx.

what's wrong with the Sigma? I've seen some impressive A3 sized prints from a guy using the lens.