Sign in to follow this  
bummer

X-Cans V3

I had the V1 and sold it for the V2. Tube rolling had more impact on the sound than the upgrade. If I am going to sell my V2/PSU kit then it is going to be for a more significant step up.

Not too good news, SGD is hammered down and at the current rate GBP250 = S$728 and this is without the expected mark-up by Alpha Audio. Given the current currency weakness, it will be smart of them to bring in the sets as per orders. Keeping them in their inventory may result in losses once SGD rebounds.

wink.gif wow 728 unsure.gif ...

scary man!! I think it's totally a waste of money at that price. One can get gilmore for just a lil more.. or maybe second hand gilmore

There you go again Guy, how do you know it's a waste of money? You haven't even heard it yet. If you have then by all means.

Ya I'm truly curious ... was thinking of getting an amp some time later this year ... since I never had a tube amp before, I thought this would be a good time to try it out. Although Mackie was telling me this might be a good time to try and pick up a cheap used V2! laugh.gif

Ya I'm truly curious ... was thinking of getting an amp some time later this year ... since I never had a tube amp before, I thought this would be a good time to try it out. Although Mackie was telling me this might be a good time to try and pick up a cheap used V2! laugh.gif

So the V3 is an all-tube design?? That will get my interest.

laugh.gif Looks nice. But not a tube anymore ppth.gif

When will the madness stop.

And it runs on same circuit topology as MF's Nu-Vista SACD Player, but with ECC88 tubes. So we can expect warm and rich sounding from the V3. wink.gif

Cool tee thats means zip to me. Whats a MF's Nu-Vista SACD Player? wacko.gif

and ECC88 tubes? unsure.gif slow down so some of us learners can catch up. I feel so stoopid. sad2.gif