Sign in to follow this  
atomiccow

Looking for new headphones

Hey i'm new to this forum.

I'm looking for a new pair of headphones, not a replacement but mebe just to try something new and different. I have a pair of Panasonic HJE70s which i like a lot. I know the Audio Technica CK7 compete on the same level as these and are similar so i won't go for those. I'm looking at something mebe from a more proffesional company like Shure or Ety or UE. Zen Aurvana just came out but i missed the PC show and didnt' get a chance to test them so i might go for those too if they're better than Shures.

Not looking for anything above 200 sing.

Any recommendations? or is HJE70 good enough?

Edited by atomiccow

The others may disagree, but I feel that that a great upgrade in the In-Ear Monitor line would be the Westone UM1. It is rather cost competitive amoungst the IEMs and sounds rather good (speaking from experience).

but the um1 is VERY SENSITIVE, it's hissing like mad on my w800i and not as bad on my sis's cheapo cd player and little or no hiss on my x-fi~~~

you'll hear things you never heard before (nice and bad stuff , lousily-encoded mp3s, anyone?)

but the um1 is VERY SENSITIVE

Point taken, especially with my CD player which is rather old. No problem with the Zen Micro or MuVo though.

i just got them, i think they sound great smile.gif as compared with er6i. more bassy, louder. then again its personal i guess smile.gif

The HJE70 is fine. Its a great, fun and somewhat aggressive IEM and it performs well in its price bracket, capable in competing with entry level IEMs from the more... professional (?)... companies. I just found it a bit bass heavy, though its tight laugh.gif

And upgrade with more similar kind of sound from the HJE70 would be aloing the SuperFi 5 Pro I'm guesing.

add: With regard to the Aurvana. Since you already have the HJE70, from a comfort and SQ standpoint, don't bother with the Aurvana.

Edited by Zephyron

hje70 sounds like fun... might give it a shot one of these days... big bass and yet tight... how much are these goin for on the streets?

SE has it for $165 if I remember right.

Add: Its not that I hate the Aurvana, I just find it severely ver-priced for its performance. Its not even on par with the CK7 from my impressions =/

Edited by Zephyron

So now I'm split on the UM1 or the Ety ER-6. Not so hot on the ER-6i cuz of those huge-ass ear pieces. Thought i'm sure they provide great isolation, they look anything but comfortable.

I like punchy bass and clarity in general. So which should it be?

oh and does the Stereo store in Causeway let you test before buying? they never let me test when i bought my HJE70 from them.

So now I'm split on the UM1 or the Ety ER-6. Not so hot on the ER-6i cuz of those huge-ass ear pieces. Thought i'm sure they provide great isolation, they look anything but comfortable.

I like punchy bass and clarity in general. So which should it be?

oh and does the Stereo store in Causeway let you test before buying? they never let me test when i bought my HJE70 from them.

Har...? 6i got huge-ass ear pieces?! Don't day dream leh! ER6 and ER6i are the same size! ER6 need amp to sound its best. 6i no need.

If I will you, its the ER6i.

Edited by afbug