Sign in to follow this  
atomiccow

Looking for new headphones

Will be going down stereo this evening to test the UM1 and hopefully the ER6i. Till then there is nothing much i can say about both. Does both the UM1 and ER6i adopt the same wearing style? I wear glasses so i though it might be abit hard to adapt? But i'm sure for that kind of sounding i wouldn't mind the hassle though... :)

Does both the UM1 and ER6i adopt the same wearing style? I wear glasses so i though it might be abit hard to adapt? But i'm sure for that kind of sounding i wouldn't mind the hassle though... :)

ER6i is worn as you would a normal earbud while UM1 is designed to be worn over the ear as the secret service agents (on TV) would.

I wear glasses and the cables of the UM1 do not disturb me at all as they are thin, braided and very smooth to the touch.

Bougth the UM1s in the end. Very satisfied with the quality.

glad that you're happy with it, i wanted to buy a ATH-CK7 in the beginning but it sounds kinda dead compared to the UM1 and i'll be going down to Stereo some time soon to get some ety triflanges (then CUT THEM SHORT, BWAHAHAHA)

Oooooo Westone UM1 is getting very common these days. :P I saw a few users in the past weeks.

But i wish i was richer, cause i didn't have the courage to test the UM2 today, haha!

Why dare not test UM2? It will not kill you. If you got not enough $$$ in your pocket for the UM2, IT IS THE TIME TO TEST THEM. If you got $$$ in pocket, then maybe avoid them. :P

But the natural upgrade path from UM1 is to UM2. You might even see a UM3 in future. :smoke:

But i wish i was richer, cause i didn't have the courage to test the UM2 today, haha!

if you just bought your UM1's... dont!

be happy with your UM1's for at least a few months... :P

if you just bought your UM1's... dont!

be happy with your UM1's for at least a few months... :P

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMG

i'm very tempted to try out the UM2 since i'm going to Stereo to get new eartips sometime this week~~~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

yes i was offered to try but i rejected... if not i'll go "aahhhh mmmyyy pprreecciouussss!" at anyone with the UM2s! Naughty hobbits.

OH NOES!!!

Please teach me how to resist that lovely piece of "poke-ins"~~~

Umm..... so I take it that the UM1s are nicer than the ER-6 and ER-6Is? Do they come with a case and different size ear tips and stuff?

there's a hard (but not metal hard) carry case with an inner pouch thing for eartips, an earwax remover, 2 pairs of standard comply tips, 2 pairs of short comply tips (1 pair is already mounted on the UM1) manual.

that's it i guess~~~

Both models are really good but they sound different. The ER6is are more expensive and i did not choose them because they feel fragile to me. The other factors are, the pricing, the style of wearing for the earphones, and the level of comfort when worn for the UM1s. The UM1 comes with a solid hard case while the ER6i comes with a soft case. Other things that came with my UM1 are 2 pair of normal complys, 2 pairs of short complys and a cleaning stick-like device. You should always test both out with different tips cause the varous tips sounds really different on both earphones. Then you can finally decide on which is best for you.

OH NOES!!!

Please teach me how to resist that lovely piece of "poke-ins"~~~

*For who are not mentally or financially prepared for the UM2 only

Directions:

Do not "poke-in" ears, poke elsewhere... :beer: