Sign in to follow this  
Guest winloc

E5c VS ER6/ER6i VS Superfi (any)

Guest winloc

Hi!

I'm upgrading from Zen Aurvana, which has emphasised mids which I didn't really like. I personally prefer an accurate set and if possible, good tight bass.

From the list, what do your recommend? If possible list a bit of characteristics. I also didn't list UM2 because many find their bass to be a bit loose with emphasised mids.

Any help will be great!

E5 is known for its bass while the ER series for their detail. You could read their reviews at headroom, which is rather informative, given that these are rather 'famous' IEMs.

From the list, what do your recommend? If possible list a bit of characteristics. I also didn't list UM2 because many find their bass to be a bit loose with emphasised mids.

You should remove the E5 too if you find the UM2's bass too loose. BTW, did you actually heard the UM2? I'll go for the ER6i in your case.

Guest winloc

Thanks for replying. I didn't get a chance to audition them yet but Wilson offered to let me try. UM2 seems to use the same driver as E5c, yet it provides different results?

er6i is a neutral pair of cans with a pretty flat eq. only thing is that the bass doesnt extend well into the lower bass like the rest but is nicely controlled and punchy.

If you really want good clarity and bass that is punchy but not too warm go for the er-6. I own a pair and even got ear molds for them. I'm pretty satisfied!

Er6(not i) and Er4, try them out. But er4 will lack bass... hey u asked for accurate sound production rite?

Super fi's normally adds on bass and trebles...

actually, it is precisely the bass, and the mids especially, of the UM2 that i'm so attracted to.

which goes to show that everybody has different listening tastes and it's best you drop by Jaben/Stereo to test out the various earphones, or headphones too, if you like. i think we're incredibly fortunate that they are able to provide such a great opportunity for that.

:P:sweat: , i saw it on the newest posts and tot.... nvm... hey... anyone wans to noe which have accurate reproduction look at my post! lol Edited by That dude

As many have said in this thread, if you don't like the warm sound of the UM2 you should stay away from Shures. With the possible exception of the ancient E1, all Shure cans tend to be very warm and bass heavy. If you're looking for something with delicate sound, I'd reccomend the ER-4 or the ER-6i. The ER-4 can be had quite cheaply if you look around. If you want it more precise go for the 4S otherwise go for the 4P which is smoother.

honestly i prefer my ue5 sounds then um2,sounds more "lively".for e5c if compared to um2,u will hear more soundstage.

for the ety series,dont really like them,sound not loud n less bass :P

this is only my 0.02€