Sign in to follow this  
afbug

d-JAYS

Wah you guys serious ah? :DD I thought people will be sceptical at first. I admit these look good. Small and compact, looks even thinner than a UM1.

email them to see if they ship to SG.

i email dem early dis moring le.. haha

' date='14 Jun 2006, 01:40 PM' post='66395']

MO ?

MO ?

THese look good.

MO list :

1. theory_87

2. [Top-Gun]

dey seems easy to drive and i quite like it.. it small... if dey dun send to sg, think we'll haf to use vPost... rare IME is gd.. haha.. anyone joining? :yeah:

kehyi, joining us? afbug? think it sound better den um1 for the review...

dey seems easy to drive and i quite like it.. it small... if dey dun send to sg, think we'll haf to use vPost... rare IME is gd.. haha.. anyone joining? :yeah:

Heh! Dun tempt me! That review also didn't have the UM1 in it. If I buy, I'll also dunno what to do with it. I got earphones already.

I think I'll wait for the q-JAYS and see how. :P

What was your first impression of the d-JAYS?

Small... VERY small! Nice low profile, they fit inside my ears. I can lie ON them at night when I sleep. GREAT symmetric “Y†cord. Comfortable soft silicone tips, I can wear them for hours at a time (something I can’t do with my shure e2c). Very iPod looking... Like an AKG K701

You have listened to the d-JAYS for a while now. How would you describe the sound?

I’ve had them for several days now commuting around the Cisco campus and in the office. Sonic impressions: Smooth. Balanced. Accurate. Tight bass and well defined across the spectrum. Doesn’t seem to really accentuate any particular frequencies. Vocals and solo instruments project nicely, without being harsh and certainly do not fatigue. Good treble extension too. Very good spectral balance. Sounds a lot like an MS1, with less bass-bloat and bass-impact. Not particularly bright or dark, and doesn’t seem to emphasize or drastically attenuate any particular frequency bands. Midrange detail and excitement are its strong point. Mids are foreword, dynamic and detailed, yet not harsh and certainly do not fatigue in any way.

Clarity and instrument separation are another strong point. Particularly with acoustic guitars. There are times it sounded a little bass-shy, but my ears have been conditioned to Grados and various Koss phones, which are known for having a good amount of bass excess . The d-JAYS are very versatile with EQ settings. On some tracks I found myself dialing in 2-3 db of bass boost below ~150Hz. Overall they handled my EQ tweaks very well, with no signs of clipping, distortion or “distressâ€. It also isolates very well, although its isolation seems to be somewhat frequency dependent. It completely blocks ambient noise below ~5000Hz. Sounds like a running water faucet, passing wind from cars, and my keyboard as I type this leak through just a little, although they are significantly attenuated. IMHO this is probably the result of the silicone rubber tips. I’m willing to bet foam-tips would completely seal outside noise across the spectrum , for listeners who want to be completely isolated from the ambient world.

SUPER comfortable! I normally find IEMs very Uncomfortable, as my ear canals are very sensitive to pressure. JAYS really did a nice job on the silicone tips. They are very soft and don’t exert much pressure, yet still maintain a tight seal. They are really small too and don’t stick out at all. I can physically lie down on them at night, something I cant do with my Sony EX90, EX51, or Shure e2c.

What is your opinion regarding the comfort and design?

Great Job on the ergonomics!!! Nice soft tips that don’t exert much pressure on my ear canals. Compared to my shure e2c, the d-JAYS are MUCH more comfortable. The e2c feels like a cork jammed in my ear, since they really exert a lot of pressure and they make my ear canals itch after ~45 minutes. It’s nice how the d-JAYS cord doesn’t loop around the back of my ear. It makes ear insertion very easy, since you just let the wire hang loose. I really like the low profile design. They do not stick out or protrude like my MDR-EX90 and Koss Plug. Symmetric “Y†cord is VERY nice. I don’t like the loop-sided cord design of my Sony EX-90 and Sony EX-51.

Why would you recommend people to buy the d-JAYS above others?

Good value, I would recommend it over the Sony EX-90 and Shure E2C, if you need isolation and want a fast, detailed kind of sound. Sonically they are very fast, detailed and balanced... superb with acoustic instruments. Great comfort. VERY good isolation.

Sounds a lot like an MS1, with less bass-bloat and bass-impact.

wouldn't a quad driver phone be kinda... big? how would it fit in your ear?! i already find the UM2 kinda chunky when i tried it...

UM2 chunky?? You must have very small ears :blush:

haha... too strong.. afbug, u still nt pull?

As of now, NO! Dun tempt me! :bash: What am I gonna do with my UM2/ER4? I'm not willing to give them up yet. :P But I'll follow this thread with interest.

nb.....topgun, take me out! :bash:

lol. You all very power. Excited by Swedish earphone. The review said that its bass impact is less than a KSC75. So it MIGHT be a little bass light. However, review is review, must hear for yourself.

UM2 chunky?? You must have very small ears :blush:

well... the UM2 is bigger than the UM1... and the UM1 is bigger than the ex71 that i used to have, so yeah, it does feel kinda big to me.

mm... interested, but, i dunno... i'm not sure i want to go the IEM way...

Hi there, the price is rather reasonable to me. so count me in. I like this "rare" looking earphone. Oh yes please include if you want white or black. ?? because i would like white ones!

MO list (using vPost)

1. thoery_87

2. [Top-Gun]

3. dle4e_2005

4. afbug (haha its still here)

5. fallraen (*white version please)

What am I gonna do with my UM2/ER4?

Give them to me? :DD On a more serious note though, don't jump the horses. The reviewer's review at headfi was posted on JAYS website, so I don't really trust it hundred percent, especially since it is all great stuff praising the d-JAYS.

Listen before you leap. :P