Sign in to follow this  
afbug

d-JAYS

we need to get a demo set. hahaha i hope they really send it to singapore!

' date='14 Jun 2006, 06:01 PM' post='66433']

I also have that thought too, when that Kramer guy kept on praising him nonstop.

Well, there must be some "guinea-pigs" like us to try it out for sure..

So yeah, unless we have someone here to review it, then at least we know we are getting a better investment.

What say u?

Well, that's definitely admirable. :)) Can't wait for the review though. ^_^

' date='14 Jun 2006, 03:49 PM' post='66420']

AFter dont like, still can sell for USD85, i believe people will still be lapping it up.

Believe me, it's like a good investment with 0% loss.

Try it la afbug, at least u have something new to write over at HWZ forums, :P

Yeah but the problem is, WHAT IF I LIKE THEM? :DD Spend more $$$ :whistle: If I win $$$ in World Cup, I'll get them! And I want to write on the ER4, SR80/MS1 too but still have not finish yet. Lazy....

What am I gonna do with my UM2/ER4?

Give them to me? :DD On a more serious note though, don't jump the horses. The reviewer's review at headfi was posted on JAYS website, so I don't really trust it hundred percent, especially since it is all great stuff praising the d-JAYS.

Listen before you leap. :P

If someone give me the E500 free, i'll give either one of them to you!

One thing to note;

Kramer's review you probably can trust but he used an amp to review them. So unamp, it MIGHT be different. It can sound muddier or lost some details. And his tonal preference is on the bass light side. He even find the KSC75 bassy when many are modding headbands onto it to enhance its bass. So if he find this d-JAYS bass light, I think/guess its bass quantity is at approx ER6i's levels.

Unless someone here willing to take the trouble to request for a demo set and allow those interested to listen to them. Otherwise, its buying blindly. Just like how I managed to con so many people to get those Cresyns. :lol: And maybe the UM1. Haha. If the ER6i is avaliable at the current UM1's price, I'm sure they will take off!

Edit:

The size of the sound barrel/nozzle is also not stated. So they might not be the same size as any IEM in the market. Foams are also not avaliable. They're rated at 40 Ohm but its quite sensitive at 115dB SPL.

Edited by afbug

kehyi, joining us? afbug? think it sound better den um1 for the review...

mm... interested, but, i dunno... i'm not sure i want to go the IEM way...

juz join us lah.. hee... dun lyk can sell...

Hi there, the price is rather reasonable to me. so count me in. I like this "rare" looking earphone. Oh yes please include if you want white or black. ?? because i would like white ones!

MO list (using vPost)

1. thoery_87

2. [Top-Gun]

3. dle4e_2005

4. afbug (haha its still here)

5. fallraen (*white version please)

do include me too...in black

i have sent an email to them 2 days ago, but now still no response from them tho'

xllms

Edited by xllms

... his tonal preference is on the bass light side. He even find the KSC75 bassy when many are modding headbands onto it to enhance its bass...

Hmm, sounds a little like my flavour!! If you guys don't like it, I'll take it from ya!!

xllms: good job haha we need really some one to take the initiative to actually get a pair to test.

after thinking, i might wan to pull out. due to the fact tt i luv my iM716 sound now. and i think spending the $ to get a gd amp will make me enjoy it even more... D-JAYS will only b a downgrade to me as iM716 sound similar to Er4...

Hey guys beware of the same pitfall that trapped people like us since the beginning of "time" :D , by buying something which you have not tried personally. Reviews are all subjective but if you get lots of different opinions that home in on a few common areas of detriment and advantage, then it's worth the risk.

If the interest is great, why not persuade Stereo E or Jaben to bring these onto our island, it could turn out to be a hit?

Edited by Mackie

I'd tend to think you maybe over-generalizing.

First off I got the Sony MDR-EX71, followed by EX51 and then CK5 before moving onto the Cresyn LMX-E630.

The E630 gave me migraines on the first 4 days of using, but I went ahead with it and in the end, got used to it. My first 3 didn't though, and the CK7 and the E4 didn't either :)

' date='15 Jun 2006, 01:01 PM' post='66522']

Not a bad idea though, mackie.

By the way, just tried my Pannys HJE50 yesterday, foud out that I am not suited for IEMs, ahah, coz i had headache after 45minutes, is this for Pannys or am I overgeneralizing for all IEMs?

u r overgeneralizing...

my mail to dem

Is there any chance of shipping d-Jays to Singapore? If yes, will Singaporean enjoy 20% off?

their reply

Hi,

We are looking into possibilities to distribute our products in your area.

We will get back to you as soon as we know how we can offer you our products in an easy way.

I do not know if we can offer the 20% discount to this area. This is due to the high shipping cost.

Best Regards

Martin / JAYS