Sign in to follow this  
koljaho

Do your ears get injured by IEMS?

My ears are alway so vulnerable to injuries when I put on my IEM. Do you guys get ear canal injuries too? Any solution to this?

my ear canal was infected with bad germs last year (otitis media), followed by a week of fever of unknown origin (doc said likely to be caused by virus), reached 40 degree Celcius. I thought I was going to die...

This was my very worst experience with IEMs, I was using ER4s (triple flange sleeves).

what do you mean?

like you accidentally knock hard onto some metal pole then lagi poke your ear with your IEM inside?

Erm.....nono. Is like ruptured ear canal skin or something like that. It hurts when it touches water and got alot of yellowish mucous.......Quite disgusting sometimes, then cannot wear IEM for a week and need to wait for it to recover before using back my IEM.

Youtiao you put ur ER4s in where while travelling???

why will kanna germs on it???

Edited by dle4e_2005

' date='17 Jun 2006, 08:13 PM' post='66743']

Try getting the Oto-Ease.

Ask from Uncle Wilson, or try PM-ing him with the nick jaben.

Should help to lubricate the penetration of your ears (dont think coy ah! :P)

Is it some sort of gel? like those used for....haha....(you know what I mean). How much will that cost? Thanks for the englightenment.

my ear canal was infected with bad germs last year (otitis media), followed by a week of fever of unknown origin (doc said likely to be caused by virus), reached 40 degree Celcius. I thought I was going to die...

This was my very worst experience with IEMs, I was using ER4s (triple flange sleeves).

Woah! Sounds bad! LUcky my case not as bad yours. Think this is the downside of wearing IEM. Guess I have to get some comply tips. using the transparent soft flex tips for listening with my IEM. How much those comply tips cost ah? That time I went to Jaben and tested those comply tips. Cool man!

i guess IEMs is abit like contact lens... gotta keep 'em clean etc... or else, maybe it's a sign that IEMs is not for u... :)

Youtiao you put ur ER4s in where while travelling???

why will kanna germs on it???

I actually washed the triple flange sleeves, waited for 1 day to dry and weared it again while traveling. After 2-3 days, I got some funny feeling in my right ear, then, alas...

Using e2c's, foam tips. Dunno, never had any problems with them...except maybe when they go in *ouch*...

Actually Zephy showed me a way to sterilise the flanges or flexes after every use with a few nice wipes of methylated spirit. They can be found at guardian pharmacies at $3.20 per bottle. Should be able to last you sometime. You should always remove the tips before you clean them so as not to get the solution onto your earphones. I think this way it provides the ears better hygiene. The next will be to change the tips every few months.

^

Zephy? Why that's intimate *lol*

That's just my quick way of cleaning it up/ disinfecting it. Once in a month, I'll dip the entire flange in warm Dettol to really clean it up =)

i most of the time use plain water and some soap to clean onli......

like tat safe???

any picture of tat solution bottle and wat is the name??? Dettol???

Edited by dle4e_2005

kaoz after read this scrary -_-

No la. I am not having any ear infection la. Just injuries because of the sharp edges of my soft flex sleeve? Stuff it in too hard i guess.

kaoz after read this scrary -_-

No la. I am not having any ear infection la. Just injuries because of the sharp edges of my soft flex sleeve? Stuff it in too hard i guess.

I think you better use the lub otoease or a smaller size tip. You using clear flex? It could be the hard plastic of the clear flex that cause injuries.

For cleaning, i only use tap water. No soap or fancy stuff.