Sign in to follow this  
fallraen

Headphone hair and Special Agent feelings.

Hi guys, there's a reason why i don't like headphones when i go out. You tend to have headphone hair after wearing ur headphones for too long, especially when you gel / spike up your hair. They have this obvious depression where your headphone band was. hahaa i totally hate it... do you hate it too? or do you not care?

oh as a user of the westone UM1.... i sometimes feel like a FBI secret agent haha.... wearing the earphones behind my back and or when i run it through my shirt. do you ever feel that way too? wah... i get quite afew people looking at me wondering what they are hahahaha..... feeels so mysterious sometimes. :P do you feel cool wearing your UM1s or IEMs that run from the back? or do you feeel weird that people look at you? i feel special sometimes hhaha... like my ears are powerful ooh.... LOL

just crapping cause its late....

My friend though my UM1 as a hearing aid ... then the rest all think that it is some other worldly thing in my ear ...

AND ...

Westone UM1 is featured in this month's HWM ! Did Jaben sponsered them for review ?

Edited by evian_vortex

' date='12 Jul 2006, 09:16 AM' post='68925']

What the hell was all that?

Well, I do feel like I'm a considerate person when I am with my IEMs so that I don't disturb other people UNLIKE some who like open headphones, or even just plain earbuds that are blasted like to 90% volume on their CD players or DAPs, that is just so disturbing, especially on MRTs.

No civic sense, bah! :D

WAH ~ 90% of their volume !!! are they deaf ? or are they trying to drown out outside noise ?

I also luv my UM1 leep leep, never spend anything above 150 for an earphone mah, poor man :P Sometimes I do feel weird wearing it outside as ppl look at me like i m deaf, but i think it cool.

I don't wear headphones out because, they'll gave me headphone hair, bulky, crumbersome, inferior isolation and they get hot under the ears.

I used to get a thrill like you about those Westones but these days, I'm sick of people looking at the cables and into my ears, esp when MRT is crowded and all standing just beside each other. Some just stare into my ears, some look where the cable from my ears lead to. Got one girl even stared wide eyed at the cables. Usually people don't notice but when its crowded in the train, people start to look around!

I don't wear headphones out because, they'll gave me headphone hair, bulky, crumbersome, inferior isolation and they get hot under the ears.

I used to get a thrill like you about those Westones but these days, I'm sick of people looking at the cables and into my ears, esp when MRT is crowded and all standing just beside each other. Some just stare into my ears, some look where the cable from my ears lead to. Got one girl even stared wide eyed at the cables. Usually people don't notice but when its crowded in the train, people start to look around!

HAHAH ... they are really jealous ...

ha ha....where do you stay? Nobody ever looked at my UM2's in my daily MRT commute to work. I take the East West Line from Jurong East :D

indeed i hate to mess up my hair too lol

im worse :( even wearing a ATH-CK7 could attract lots of attention, leading ppl to think wth the guy is wearing lol (this happens almost all the time when im taking the mrt)

If I plug in my UM1 to my amp and my ipod nano, people will start looking suspiciously at me. I don't like to route it into my shirt from the back, I just left it infront of me, although it can be a bit short.

Shure E4G with ear-loop outer cover is very low profile.

It looks a bit like one of those Phillips over the ear normal earbud black earphones. Hate to say it looks el cheapo, but at least it doesn't garner much, if not any attention :D

CK7, lke ES7, is a bling audio gear, very shiny. Light shine + reflect then people will have a look at your ears thinking if that's a huge ear stud or what :lol:

Of course, outside attraction doesn't come to your ears don't compare to those wearing the ATH-ES7 :D

ADD: Oh, I forgot, the most attention seeking IEM would be the UE SuperFi 5Pro. Wear them the right way (I wore them the wrong way when auditioning them at SE) and they'll stick out of your ears like the frankenstein head-nails!

Edited by Zephyron

last saturday when i 1st bring my im716 out for a walk.......

while in the mrt,every pple was like staring at me........lolx

i at 1st quite shy so always look at the floor........

but soon i get used to the stare by pple..........

' date='12 Jul 2006, 09:16 AM' post='68925']

What the hell was all that?

Well, I do feel like I'm a considerate person when I am with my IEMs so that I don't disturb other people UNLIKE some who like open headphones, or even just plain earbuds that are blasted like to 90% volume on their CD players or DAPs, that is just so disturbing, especially on MRTs.

No civic sense, bah! :D

WAH ~ 90% of their volume !!! are they deaf ? or are they trying to drown out outside noise ?

Most people listen at about 100%, blows out their ear-drums.

Never had anyone look at me on the train with my UM1. Always take 6 o'clock trains, so nobody really notices, at most some secondary school pupils, most of whom are more interested in ibuds

Edited by aaron-xp

My friend though my UM1 as a hearing aid ... then the rest all think that it is some other worldly thing in my ear ...

AND ...

Westone UM1 is featured in this month's HWM ! Did Jaben sponsered them for review ?

can sic boh (scan scan rip lai) :DD