Sign in to follow this  
autorock

Any known Westone UM1 flaws?

There is one major flaw of the UM1.

It's not the UM2....

PWNED !!! PURE OWNAGE !!! :lol:

Edited by evian_vortex

if I can get a 2nd hand almost new creative aurvana at about 80 or a brand new UM1 about 159. which one should I get?

Tested both can't really tell the difference. But I do like creative packaging and the comfy level. somehow UM1 wiring don't look too nice.

Edited by visions

Go for what you prefer. Many of us harbour unconscious decisions already, just that we are reluctant to make them, in fear that they are wrong.

P.S. The UM1 wiring, though ugly, serves it purpose well. Strong, not too much microphonics, on of the better ones, when compared with some which are smooth and nice looking, but are fragile/have microphonics.

if I can get a 2nd hand almost new creative aurvana at about 80 or a brand new UM1 about 159. which one should I get?

Tested both can't really tell the difference. But I do like creative packaging and the comfy level. somehow UM1 wiring don't look too nice.

i'll just like to add that if you decide to go with the um1, you'll definitely grow to appreciate the um1 cables. in addition to being strong and having minimal issues with microphonics as mentioned earlier, another plus point is that they dont tangle.

i'll just like to add that if you decide to go with the um1, you'll definitely grow to appreciate the um1 cables. in addition to being strong and having minimal issues with microphonics as mentioned earlier, another plus point is that they dont tangle.

The lack of microphonics is simply amazing. Both the UM1 and UM2. Even the newer ER4 with the braided cable exhibits some signs of microphonics. I don't know how westone did it, but *clap clap clap*

The lack of microphonics is simply amazing. Both the UM1 and UM2. Even the newer ER4 with the braided cable exhibits some signs of microphonics. I don't know how westone did it, but *clap clap clap*

I think that the way the cable loops over the ear also has something to do with the lack of microphonics....along with the extremely thin, flexible and braided cable :P

no offence to Westone users.. i personally find that their wire are too thin and not thick enough.. Yes they are very comfortable... i believe some cheap unshielded wire are used.