Sign in to follow this  
Cocobean

Shure E500

by the nature of having one driver to handle the lower frequencies and the other to handle the higher ones instead of one to handle everything, the SQ should be better/cleaner since each driver handles less frequencies(more efficient I believe).

That happens in nature. That's division of labour, that's why your cells in your hands aren't brain cells and the cells in your brain don't digest food.

On the other hand, I really wonder how the E500 sounds like. :P

This thread is about the E500. Why degrade the thread and talk about the benifits of the number of drivers? If you like single driver, so be it. If you like multiple drivers and can afford it, then buy it. There are advantages to multiple drivers. Single drivers for one cannot produce deep bass and soundstage. Ety has their own beliefs and so do other manufacturers. Ask Shure/UE/Westone where is the gain and you'll get your answer. :P

nabwong heard it. Ask him for his views on the sound.

not really degrading lah...the e500 is the only(??) triple driver IEM and of course its the most talked about aspect of it...besides none of us here have heard it except nabwong(how did he get his hands on it?!?) so if there are any replies, its most probably gona be regurgitating other peoples impressions...

on another note, its said(by other people) to have good soundstage that rivals full sized headphones, with good seperation,lots of bass, and also the "Shure sound"...something of a cross between e4 and e5...

it should be officially launched really soon as someone already received a retail set from Shure last week...

Let afbug correct your statement... :))

Wah lao you still can remember. :bash: I better keep quiet! :smoke:

Hey guys,

I was at the NY meet and i managed to listen to the e500 for about 30mins. Honestly, i can't really say much other than, i'm going to sell my e4c to get the e500. But i have no use for the PTH. So i may wait until Shure releases a version without it. It'll be cheaper and more affordable for me.

Maybe i can say a little about them. There are the most balanced iems i've ever heard. I've owned the er4p ( which i hated ) and e4c. The e4c sounds a little dull without proper eq. The e500 sounds perfect out of the ipod 5g. When i compared them to the super.fi-pro, the e500 had a tighter bass and more sparkling highs. Shure told me burn-in is not needed for their iems.

Anyway, can't wait to get my hands on them. Good luck to you guys.

Edited by nabwong

So far the reviews i read on head-fi actually claim that the shure e500 is better than the UE10-pro which as everyone know is the mo$t $$$ IEM out there... so really must be heard to believe!