Braxton

Westone ES2

lol i have been waiting for these to arrive too hehe.

will you please please please take a few pictures of yourself with them on? i havent managed to find any of those online, head-fi or elsewhere...so i'll be extremely grateful for that =)

and btw, can i ask if the ES2 has the memory wires?

Here are a picture which i asked my mum to take for me :P

[attachmentid=3557]

I supposed that's a memory wire that goes on top of the ear

i will take more pictures of it again after Westone put on the design. :bash:

Maybe earlier next week,the fastest.

post-2530-1156264737.jpg

yep thats the memory wire i was hoping not to see heh. i was asking uncle wilson if i could have westone remove that part cos they are quite uncomfortable.

thanks for the pic! (but more pics are always welcomed heh)

Yeah today i have sent my ES2 back to Westone.They should receive it by Thurs night.

And when i put back my UM2 again,oh my god,i wasn't quite used to it as i have quite used

to using ES2 for the past 2 days.The difference in sound was obvious,muffled & not as detail as ES2.I can straightaway felt that it was a totally difference experience between the Universal & Elite series.And i have to

turn the volume higher compare to using ES2.

Still when i was listening music with UM2 on the bus,i could heard people talking around me. :party:

Hopefully i can get back my ES2 early next week. :rolleyes:

Using the long foam tips,never tried UM2 with custom earmolds so i don't know what are the differences compare to ES2.Maybe isolation wise,on par.

But when it comes to sound,i think it's the same (muffled) as without UM56,IMO that is.

To me,UM56 is to provide a better isolation so you'd get to hear the sound clearly.

But it doesn't improve alot on sound quality,i think so lah.

There surely a difference between UM2+UM56 and a ES2,the dual bore drivers.

If there isn't any much difference,no one would have spent so much money on a ES2 liao.

Using the long foam tips,never tried UM2 with custom earmolds so i don't know what are the differences compare to ES2.Maybe isolation wise,on par.

But when it comes to sound,i think it's the same (muffled) as without UM56,IMO that is.

To me,UM56 is to provide a better isolation so you'd get to hear the sound clearly.

But it doesn't improve alot on sound quality,i think so lah.

There surely a difference between UM2+UM56 and a ES2,the dual bore drivers.

If there isn't any much difference,no one would have spent so much money on a ES2 liao.

A UM2 with a custom UM56 tip gives better treble extension. The highs really sparkle now. Someone in headfi commented that the comply foamies absorb the higher frequences and excentuate the bass, and now I can "hear" what they were saying :P

For want of a better term, the comply tips make the UM2 sound "warmer" and more bass heavy. With the UM56 customs, and if you have a good seal, the bass becomes much tighter, not as "boomy". Soundstage and detail improved tremedously, probably due to the treble extension.

I sure that will be a difference but for the better or the worst? Like when I decided to custom my um2 and turn out only a slight improvement in isolation. I guess if you're fine with normal sleeves shure provides, need might not neccessary be an upgrade when changed to customs. But lets hope ES2 is a totally different experience, like not needing to compare between the 2 (um2 and es2) for too long and the results are obvious enuff.

-ohn' date='24 Aug 2006, 10:21 AM' post='75275']

I sure that will be a difference but for the better or the worst? Like when I decided to custom my um2 and turn out only a slight improvement in isolation. I guess if you're fine with normal sleeves shure provides, need might not neccessary be an upgrade when changed to customs. But lets hope ES2 is a totally different experience, like not needing to compare between the 2 (um2 and es2) for too long and the results are obvious enuff.

Another point to consider is comfort. With the customs, you never even know it's there. It varies by individual, of course, but in my case, it's very, very comfortable. With the comply tips, you tend to notice something in your ears after about an hour :P I have tried a whole bunch of tips for my UM2, ranging from tri / bi flanges, to hard rubber tips, but in my case, they all resulted in poor comfort and / or lousy sound quality.

For isolation, it's there, but it's not appreciably better than the comply tips, IMHO. I donno, maybe silicon conducts sound better than foam? :P Anyway, with music playing, all external sounds disappear. I'm also playing music at lower volumes. With regular comply tips, I used to play music on my iAudio X5 on level 10. With the customs, level 10 is too loud, so I am now listening on level 09 :P

-ohn' date='24 Aug 2006, 10:21 AM' post='75275']

Like when I decided to custom my um2 and turn out only a slight improvement in isolation.

What customs are you using? Any pictures?