Sign in to follow this  
genocide

get rs-1/ms pro or straight to grado gs1k?

im using pa2v2 as amp and thinking to get supermacro 4 in the near future.

i nvr tried running from the source itself since i got my amp,sounds cant compare n anti lousy quality now :P

Source > Amp > Headphone = Iaudio/Ipod > Pa2v2 > Headphone

Not sure where the transport go in that chain above but your source is still the same whether you connect it to the amp or not. Amp only amplifies whatever your source outputs. Can consider adding a dac if you wish to stick to the ipod and/or a quality non portable amp to match your choice headphones.

Hi genocide,

GS1000 costs $1600? :unsure:

My suggestion would be to channel this amount on to your source and amp first.

$1600 is a lot of money for a headphone, what ever you do , don't buy on impluse, audition all your choices and find the sound you are looking for.

Well if you can't discern the quality of mp3 over cd track, it aint wise to spend so much money on a GS1K. It would seem to me this outlay is simply to pacify you in knowing that you own something great but may not be appreciated for now. With a budget of $1.6K, you could buy a respectable home system and with change to spare of a good cans for your ipod.

Edited by Mackie

But seriously, the GS-1000 does sound decent enough out of the Ipod. In fact, its wonderful most of the times...I'am just too lazy to lug an amp around...

But seriously, the GS-1000 does sound decent enough out of the Ipod. In fact, its wonderful most of the times...I'am just too lazy to lug an amp around...

Currently im using Ipod (line-out) -> Grado RA-1 -> SR225 as my portable rig.

Is the GS1000 much bigger than the 225? the pads look huge. Can swap with the 225 pads?

Im sure its all relative....

My MS2i sounds rather good out of my Zen, but im sure it will sound much much better with a dedicated amp and CD player.

Just my 2cents!

Ah...since you already have a portable amp, purchase of the GS1K will be feasible. What's more you can build a home system around it without having to fuss around with another can purchase.

Edited by Mackie

for 1.6K, you seriously have a lot of choice available ie AT, grado, stax. You probably can buy a few top end cans ie Beyer 990, 880, AKG 701/601 or even the K1000. Seriously no headphones does it all. See razer and you should know. :))

I agree with evil. The GS1K is more for the big boys with big wallets. It would be more worth your while to get a few cans(HD650/K701/DT990) or to upgrade your source and amp than to spend all that money on an overpriced grado. IMHO of course.

I have finally decided that I prefer the GS-1000 over the RS-1. I compared them at Music By Design using the Grace 902. Will try it with the Grado RA-1 amp and repost my findings when I have the time. I think the GS-1000 a real step up in sound on most types of music (I can say all types cos I only listened to it for another 1/2hour) That's the limit before my ears start to ring - unfortunately.