Sign in to follow this  
afbug

Who wants more treble/less recess on their UM1?

Who likes a brighter sound from their UM1? I found something that can solve it but need to spend more $$$ :blush:

It will transform your UM1 to a very impressive earphone. :cans:

I'm testing the UM2 now. Want to confirm before I go blasting my mouth. :P But can tell you as of now, not so good.

say lar

dun be no head no tails pls~

Not happy, don't post. Thank you. I like to make sure I get my facts right before telling ppl.

Ok, if you want to know it now, can tell you but my impressions will not be very accurate. It is a simple so call 'mod' if you like.

I saw Xinomo's post in reply to my post here and his 75ohm adaptor got me curious and it looks good. I want to try and see if it works for my ER4P, so I got them specially for my 4P. So I tested on my 4P when I got them. It works fine I guess, no colourations of its sound that I can detect. When converted to 4S, I like the extra last bit of detail and clarity but the sibilance is not good, especially with some songs. You lose only a little bass, but gain the extra clarity, details and upper treble. Very impressive earphone. Its like buying one earphone, you can get 2 in one. :P

Then I plug in the UM1. :P You've to listen to believe, its like a different earphone. It fixed UM1's recess treble but at a loss of some bass. Treble no more problem, just nice for me. So you win some, you lose some. Luckly, UM1 have enough bass to still sound good with the adaptor. So now the UM1 is 25ohm + 75 ohm = 100 ohm earphone. My Shuffle have no problems driving it unamped.

On the UM2, it fixed its hiss, trim its super high treble but add a little upper midrange hump. It sounded a little muffled to me. I don't like it but you might. So it might not be bad at all.

I tested them on a discman, shuffle and govibe. All in all, I'm more impressed by what it can do for the UM1 rather than the 4P due to sibilance in some songs. BTW, the adaptor is quite big and heavy.

Pic is here: http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g150/micasso/DSCN0003.jpg

Topgun, don't let you imaginations run wild. No expensive customs or risky mod here. :P But must spend $$$.

PurpleLightning, its ok. No problem. I understand your curiousness too.

Edited by afbug

oh wow.... thats it? hahhaa i have to try this out!

Edited by fallraen

oh wow.... thats it? hahhaa i have to try this out!

Sorry to disappoint. Thats it. No more, simple as that. :P I'm not that good enough to do any mod on the UM1. Maybe one day, I can meet those interested at Jaben to listen to it.

Wow...

The adapter looks like a bullet sia.

Btw how much did it cost you?

$35. Its thicker than M16 bullet. If you throw it at someone's head, I guess you can land him in hospital. :D

That's a nice find afbug. I sure hope it'll rid my dislike... no no... i'm actually starting to understand why the UM1 sound exactly the way it is. It's actually made for monitoring purposes, not truely for portable listening!