aaron-xp

Headphone/Earphone Sightings

Just wondering, but has anyone noticed people wearing UM1s with cables straight down, normal earbud-style? The module isn't sitting in the ear, it's sticking out and looks weird.

I've always felt like asking these people if they know it's not meant to be worn that way.

I suppose you're right, but a recommended way?

The long complys and tri-flanges probably make it possible to get a good seal, but still... IMO, it's pretty glaring and I needed to get the thought out of me.

Let people be, I guess.

Heya

I am new here. haha.. perhaps I can start contributing...... I saw this biker in NIE and he was wearing his etys before zooming off. Haha... anyone here?

You've seen the headphones, used your headphones, now add another accessory to compliment your paraphernalia...

Headphone themed notebook. Available from your local carrefour outlets, stationary section.

(no affiliation or shareholder dealing with said establishment & this individual)

For the ladies...

img145.jpg

img146.jpg

Hi I'm new here. Don't mind me asking but what are complys? Just started with e2s so not too good with the earbud stuff. Btw are custom earmoulds good?

Hi I'm new here. Don't mind me asking but what are complys? Just started with e2s so not too good with the earbud stuff. Btw are custom earmoulds good?

Complys are soft, sponge-like eartips that would give the user better seal because if worn correctly, complys expand to fill the earholes, keeping out ambient noise. However, complys by virtue of their "mouldability", lose elasticity over time, requiring the user to replace them once every one or two months depending on usage. They aren't exactly cheap too.

Custom earmoulds? If you're talking about custom eartips like the UM56 from Westone, these would be the best eartips you can get because of the perfect fit. If you're referring to custom IEMs, these are different beasts altogether. Probably the highest-end IEM you can buy with money B)

Thanks for the reply. Complys are those found on UM1? While the custom IEMs are the highest end Westone IEMs is it?

Yes. Complys are those found on the UM1 like this

IPB Image

The custom IEM from Westone is the Elite series that provide an exact fit to your ear which need your ears

impressions to be made in order to build your custom monitors.

also VERY common are those ppl listen to music with nokia or sony/ericsson fones..

I listen music with my SE fones these days. :P

what......then what are you doing in this forum!!!!!!!!

zzzz my K750I has less than decent music production, even with a 352 KBPS file, i cant seem to find the mini jack adaptor.

u guys are so lucks. i nv seen anyone wearing those high end IEMs. most are IPork Ibutts and sony earbuds. there was this cheena looking at me the other days at city hall wen i was trying to fit my UEs into my ear. they were like"OMG! he is going to tear his ears up!"

Haha..I also seldom see people wearing decent IEMs. Maybe it's because I don't walk around town much. It' s usually school then back home maybe pop by Jaben in between. I guess the Cheena never saw such cool IEMs before. Then again UEs have some of the bigger sized buds. Looks rather imtimidating for first timers. Lol. When I wear my ck9 on the train or bus no one really bothers.