dongZ

any reviews for shure e500

http://www.ttvj.com/index.php?main_page=shippinginfo

"Shipping Outside the United States

DELIVERY METHOD:

All international orders (shipping to anywhere outside the United States) ship by the US Postal Service. We offer two options for delivery methods, either USPS Airborne Parcel or USPS Global Express. With USPS Airborne Parcels, orders are usually delivered within 2 weeks, whereas USPS Global Express orders are usually delivered within 1 week. Delivery times are not guaranteed."

It doesn't apply for the E500's. I had to ship my GS-1000's to my US address the other time because Todd couldn't ship it overseas...

But of course, I've not gotten a reply from him yet since its still the wee hours of the morning over there and wouldn't know if he accepts interenational orders...

how come i cant see any special price there???

hahaha...

You have to click send me the special ttvj price....

hi guys!

I guess i am first to own the e500s in singapore.....got my pair last friday.

I use my pda to surf on weekdays which makes typing difficult so i will have to be brief! but here are my impressions:

i preordered the e500s from TTVJ and he delivered direct to me. the only reason this happened is if u read the head-fi discussion, shure honoured all international pre-orders before the 'ban' on international shipments was publicly known. if u order now i don't think they will send overseas since the date has long lapsed but u can try. i paid 399usd +40usd fedex shipping for them. so abt 660sgd all up.

Sonic impressions: these are the best IEMs yet. They have more layered/accurate bass than my old grado ps-1s which amazes me no end. amazing clarity and resolution throughout. overall sound much like shure e4c except on steroids...hugely improved bass, much greater treble extension, higher detail levels by far.

my ps-1s had a moderately better midrange, better treble extension, and sounds much better with string/brass instruments. With everything else, such as bass quality/quantity, frequency balance, clarity, detail retrieval, the e500s win. Of course no IEM i've heard comes close. the only thing was that i remember my old um2 had 'subwoofer in your ears' kind of bass. the e500 is not so powerful. but sh*t, its still hits like crazy, and sounds 5 times better doing it.

just preliminary impressions here, hope it helps

my ps-1s had a moderately better midrange, better treble extension, and sounds much better with string/brass instruments. With everything else, such as bass quality/quantity, frequency balance, clarity, detail retrieval, the e500s win. Of course no IEM i've heard comes close. the only thing was that i remember my old um2 had 'subwoofer in your ears' kind of bass. the e500 is not so powerful. but sh*t, its still hits like crazy, and sounds 5 times better doing it.

So are your PS-1 for sale? :DD

hi guys!

I use my pda to surf on weekdays which makes typing difficult so i will have to be brief! but here are my impressions:

i preordered the e500s from TTVJ and he delivered direct to me. the only reason this happened is if u read the head-fi discussion, shure honoured all international pre-orders before the 'ban' on international shipments was publicly known. if u order now i don't think they will send overseas since the date has long lapsed but u can try. i paid 399usd +40usd fedex shipping for them. so abt 660sgd all up.

Sonic impressions: these are the best IEMs yet. They have more layered/accurate bass than my old grado ps-1s which amazes me no end. amazing clarity and resolution throughout. overall sound much like shure e4c except on steroids...hugely improved bass, much greater treble extension, higher detail levels by far.

440USD = ard 690SGD.. but one thing abt fedex is they are fast!

hi guys!

can let moi try try? PLEASE~ PRETTY PLEASE~~ :innocent::party::dance::cans::DD

sorry guys! I sold my PS-1s some time back...to some dude in the US....as for demoing the E500s..well under ordinary circumstances i would be happy to oblige...except work now is hell and i just cant find the time! My advice is wait a couple of weeks for SE to bring them in and demo for yourselves...IMO if you're in the market for an IEM there is no better option

I paid exactly 399USD (499 RRP - $100) for the E500s. There were plenty of shipping options but i chose the safest (and one of the most costly) options, the fedex route. Not cheap, but at least i dont have to worry about losing the package. Miraculously, i did not get taxed either (still scratching my head as to how it got thru). Not sure where the 395 price came from, maybe it was an earlier offer? I'm definitely not going to squabble over $4 USD. IMO they are worth much more than the price they command.

I am PERSONALLY (this may not apply to all) very happy with these, more so than with my PS-1s. With the E500s i actually reached the level of 'hearing things i never heard before' level (something i havent really experienced in a while) even though i used to own PS-1s! Although there are some kinds of music where the PS-1 is just unstoppable, there were also songs which made me want to rip them off because of the (grado-esque) horribly imbalanced (albeit fun) frequency response. The E500 NEVER offends, and yet somehow manages to offer a detail level even the PS-1 can't match. As with anything in audio, there are tradeoffs, primarily being the lack of grado excitement with some vocals, and definitely with string/brass instruments which no headphone i have heard has ever been able to match. But with respect to the E500's strengths over the PS-1s, I attribute this primarily to the even frequency response from low to mid to high and the wonderful isolation. And i havent even begun to mention the fact that the E500 has a very comparable soundstage, MUCH better comfort, and a non-existent 'mess-your-hair-up' factor!!! Plus the biggest puller, the fact it's less than 1/3 the price of a PS-1! Ordinarily i would never even bother to try to compare an IEM with a full size headphone, much less one like the PS-1 (all the IEMs i have owned and heard up till now, Shure E4c, Shure E2, Westone UM1, UM2, Ety ER-4P are all rubbish compared to a PS-1 IMO), and kudos seriously goes to Shure for setting a standard no one thought an IEM could actually achieve. But seriously guys, listen to them yourselves and hear it for yourself before you commit!

Edited by blackreplica

I am PERSONALLY (this may not apply to all) very happy with these, more so than with my PS-1s. With the E500s i actually reached the level of 'hearing things i never heard before' level (something i havent really experienced in a while) even though i used to own PS-1s! Although there are some kinds of music where the PS-1 is just unstoppable, there were also songs which made me want to rip them off because of the (grado-esque) horribly imbalanced (albeit fun) frequency response. The E500 NEVER offends, and yet somehow manages to offer a detail level even the PS-1 can't match. As with anything in audio, there are tradeoffs, primarily being the lack of grado excitement with some vocals, and definitely with string/brass instruments which no headphone i have heard has ever been able to match. But with respect to the E500's strengths over the PS-1s, I attribute this primarily to the even frequency response from low to mid to high and the wonderful isolation. And i havent even begun to mention the fact that the E500 has a very comparable soundstage, MUCH better comfort, and a non-existent 'mess-your-hair-up' factor!!! Plus the biggest puller, the fact it's less than 1/3 the price of a PS-1! Ordinarily i would never even bother to try to compare an IEM with a full size headphone, much less one like the PS-1 (all the IEMs i have owned and heard up till now, Shure E4c, Shure E2, Westone UM1, UM2, Ety ER-4P are all rubbish compared to a PS-1 IMO), and kudos seriously goes to Shure for setting a standard no one thought an IEM could actually achieve. But seriously guys, listen to them yourselves and hear it for yourself before you commit!

just curious, what is your whole system (source + amp + cable if bal.) when using PS-1??

& wat's the portable system right now for your E500??

thx for replyin` :))

My source is basically my 'rockboxed' Iriver H140 with my cd collection ripped to flac lossless. I used to own a Xin SuperMacro V3 to amp my PS-1 but sold it last year and have been running it ampless all the way until i sold it. The E500s are also straight out of my H140 :D Happy National Day!

Edited by blackreplica