zhapchit

Xiangsheng 708b vs LD2+ ?

This Western Electric is quite ex to me. It cost $90 for 1.

I din change the 6N1 cos I wanna change the tubes slowly to test out the effects on the tubes.

Perhaps sooner or later I will change it.Somehow,feels that the stock tubes aren't really that good enough.

Hee... Or maybe its just me.

Anyway recommended tube for 6N1 though? ;)

the uncle told me can use 6922.... but cannot leh...

maybe have to look for a 6N1P EB as suggested on headfi.

I guess have to get it from eBay? Maybe we can share? Anyone else interested?

How much would it cost..?

hey...theres an auction ending in a hour form now or so for 8 X 6N1P EB, going for USD16(current bid) + USD$9 fixed shipping worldwide...

that would work out to about SGD$6-8 per tube, depending on the bid...8 tubes is kinda too many, so if 4 people are willing to take 2-3 each, that would be great...

other auctions I see are for even more tubes, and for the same shipping withing US only...

I think Il jump on this one...

edit: in the headfi link I posted above, the threadstarter has the RCA 6DJ8 for USD$10 shipped anywhere...Im also thinking of getting from him...anyone wanna join?

okie can count me in :dance:

erm...which one are you refering to? the ebay one or the headfi one?

sorry it's for both the 6n1p and the 6dj8 :P

bad news...I got outbided for the 6N1P EB by quite abit...it went up to USD$31 and I gave up...

waiting for headfi guy to reply my PM...

Count me in too

u mean 6922 to replace your 6n1 tube? that wun work.

Yah,I saw on the headfi they used those military grade tubes.

hey all...this is what the headfi guy quote me:

so whose interested in these RCA 6DJ8? Im not sure how many he got, but Il try to get a better price if we buy a couple more...

its USD$ and price includes international shipping hor...

Will have to see what's the final price we can get, since i have already replaced mine with the Electro harmonix tubes and I am quite happy with the improvement over the stock tubes. But if the RCA 6DJ8 can give even more improvement i will seriously consider.

Does he happen to have any 6N1P for sale as well?

Cheers! :party:

I dont believe there will be much discount since we would only be saving on shipping?

nope he dosent have the 6N1P, which from what I know, can vary quite greatly in price...even the ebay ones Im not sure if they are of "top" quality...I heard some can easily cost SGD$200+?

edit: actually, he does have them,

Im still trying to see if I can the the russian EB ones off ebay...

btw how much did you get the harmonix for? they are driver tubes right?

sorry im quite a noob to tubes...

edit:

OK, as of now,

Fongalv (matched pair)

zer061zer0 (please confirm with me, and also state which option you prefer)

zhapchit (please confirm with me, and also state which option you prefer)

that should work out to be about SGD$32/pair for non matched, and SGD$45/pair matched

haha we are way OT here...

Maybe we should start another thread for this? :grin:

I think I paid around $16-18 per tube, can't remember exactly. They are replacements for the left and right drivers.

I think i will go for just the 6N1P, but i want 2.

And also sorry to trouble again you to check with him whether he has the 6N3P ?

Thanks!

Ok...Il try to be back on topic...

The stock Xiangsheng is actually quite good, with lusher mids and an overall smother sound compared to the Little Dot which I tried at Jaben a while ago. In fact, Ive read that the stock XS is easily comparable to the stock Cayin HA-1A, which is almost 3 times its price. The XS also runs a a tad "cooler" than the LD.

and of course, comparing looks wise, the XS beats the LD2 hands down with its construction, build and finish...

OT: Il create another thread for the tubes this weekend if i decide to stick to the XS k...

I was initially considering getting a LD2+ due to its price. But I decided to give the XS a try and i think i love the XS now especially after replacing just 2 of the stock tubes. I believe there's still alot of room for improvement. :grin:

Are the replacement tubes for LD2+ easy to find?

I was initially considering getting a LD2+ due to its price. But I decided to give the XS a try and i think i love the XS now especially after replacing just 2 of the stock tubes. I believe there's still alot of room for improvement. :grin:

Change the power cord. I suggest Belden 19364 ($10/m) or 83802/83803 (2-core/3-core; $20/m) based on performance and value. The XS is one of the few breed of products that benefits a lot by swopping to an aftermarket power cord. The manufacturer appears to know of this as it rolled out a 708B with IEC connector whereas the 708A came with a captive power cable.

Change the power cord. I suggest Belden 19364 ($10/m) or 83802/83803 (2-core/3-core; $20/m) based on performance and value. The XS is one of the few breed of products that benefits a lot by swopping to an aftermarket power cord. The manufacturer appears to know of this as it rolled out a 708B with IEC connector whereas the 708A came with a captive power cable.

Oh yah i forgot to mention that I have already changed it to a Belden 19364 from your recommendation. The bass seems to be tighter and soundstage has improved. i also changed the power chord for my source as well, a marantz CD63mkii. :grin:

Next on the list is to replace the 6N1 and the 6N3. Changing caps and relocating the power supply is beyond me now so i'll have to leave those to later :grin:

Edited by zhapchit

-for 6N1 , pair of 6N1P-EV Russia made NEW matched pair + Tested 7USD/pair : ship 6USD/ww

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-6N1P-EV-6N1P-EB-6...1QQcmdZViewItem

-for 6DJ8 (6922) , Electro harmonix gold pin Russia made NEW 14.78USD/ea : ship 9.75USD/ww

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electro-Harmonix-6922-...1QQcmdZViewItem

-for 6N3 , 6N3P / 2C51 / 5670 Russia made New and Tested 2.2USD/ea : ship 5USD/ww

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

-for 6z4 I'ven't no idea