nsjong

Your portable combo?

As I'm not from Singapore (if you hadn't noticed already), I'd like to know what you Singaporians (??) like as your portable rig. Really, I'm that curious.

Of course, I'm testing various rigs myself and still deciding but I wanna know the most popular set up here.

Seems Singapore has a LOT of Asian gear... which I hope to aquire sometime soon. (don't worry about racism, I'm Asian myself)

*COUGHiCUTECOUGH*

My current rig goes as:

- For school: Sony NW-E507 (coming soon) + Philips HP460

- For out with friends: Sony NW-HD3 (pink; coming soon) + HP460

- For travel: Panasonic SV-SD770 (coming soon) + PA2v2 (coming soon) + IEM's (need new ones; sold off all 3 of mine)

- Home: NW-HD3 + PA2v2 + K81DJ (coming soon)

I bought most of the things on the list (except the SV-SD770; will buy later). I'm just waiting patiently till it arrives. :yes::yes:

home - flac -> foobar2k -> extigy -> sirocco crossfire -> grado sr225

mobile/work - iaudio -> um1

Currently iAudio U3 -> Shure E4G

Hoping to change it to an iRiver H1x0 + Rockbox -> PINT -> Shure E4G IF possible x_X

Welcome to sgheadphones but I'm not sorry for your wallet! :P Tell us more about yourself. You're from Asia (Which part?) or Asian borned overseas? I'm curious!

It is spelled 'Singaporeans'. An 'e' instead of 'i'.

I guess set-ups are somewhat similar all over the world. Player + amp + earphones. My personal fav portable set-up is a Shuffle with UM2 or ER4P. Lazy to lug an amp around. :beer: Singapore have a lot of Asian gear? Most are the big Japanese and Korean companies I see. Pioneer and JVC earphones are not common here. Sony Singapore refuse to bring in the EX90 I heard. Those Chinese amps still have to buy online.

Portable:

iPod Nano + ATH-CK7 (ncie and simple)

Home:

DVD player/ iPod nano -> LD2+ -> Alessandro MS-2i

FLAC -> foobar -> SB Live! 5.1 -> Altec Lansing mx5021 THX2.1/Plantronics GameCom1

Welcome to sgheadphones but I'm not sorry for your wallet! :P Tell us more about yourself. You're from Asia (Which part?) or Asian borned overseas? I'm curious!

It is spelled 'Singaporeans'. An 'e' instead of 'i'.

I guess set-ups are somewhat similar all over the world. Player + amp + earphones. My personal fav portable set-up is a Shuffle with UM2 or ER4P. Lazy to lug an amp around. :beer: Singapore have a lot of Asian gear? Most are the big Japanese and Korean companies I see. Pioneer and JVC earphones are not common here. Sony Singapore refuse to bring in the EX90 I heard. Those Chinese amps still have to buy online.

:)

I was born in S.Korea but moved here to Canada.

I'm a frequent head-fier (1000+ member) but it seems that I may be able to get more research on Asian headphones here. I miss companies like Cresyn and Panasonic.

I thought JVC was popular in Asia. :/

And I like the look of the iCute amp. I'll purchase one from this forum. It's cheaper that way. :P

It seems that my wallet won't last at this rate. Hahaha.

Use a really basic Zen Micro --> UM1 rig. Not too sure if you even consider that one, since I don't reall own an amplifer (don't see the need to, with such low impedence IEMs)

For Office I have three combo:

iPod --> MX500/KSC-75 (headphone out)

iPod with line out --> SR-71/Total Bithead (2005) --> E5c/ER4s

Foobar2000 --> Total Bithead (2005) --> ER4s

For travel:

iPod --> E5c or E4c (headphone out)

Home Setup > Powerbook G4 / Technics SL-1210M3D (x2) > Behringer VMX300 > Behringer Truth B2031 / Westone UM1

Portable Setup > iPod Click Wheel / iPod Nano 4gb > Westone UM1

Home : Dell XPS 1210 --> Firestone Fubar II DAC --> Little Dot Micro + --> UM1 / KSC75 / K81DJ

Portable : K800i --> Little Dot Micro + --> UM1 / KSC75 / K81DJ