Sign in to follow this  
xenocide

What will you do if...

well i think this entire bass issue arised from a misunderstanding. the guilty guy was flattering the bass-shy ck5, not the bass-rich ep630.

anyway i confess to being inclined to bass hehez, cos i listen to rock music more. but i guess i at least appreciate rocky tight bass and not boomy bass which just clouds the entire music.

i hope some of you guys do realise that this "fruity" company you have referred to, is actually Apple Computer, Inc, and that at the end of the day, their main business is still computers.

and before anyone is mistaken, i didnt bring this up to justify why the iPod isnt necessary the best portable media player available on the market.

i just want to point out that there are many, many people out there, who too, do not know what they have been missing out in OS X. i was selling laptops (with Apple) at a laptop fair recently, and ALOT of these potential laptop buyers say that they think that the Mac is difficult to use...when they have never even tried to use one. now does that sound familiar? saying something is bad although one has no prior experience in using that product. and these laptop buyers are educated people too, tertiary students/staff to be precise. if you believe me, the greatest selling points of a Mac are its stability and (gasp!) its ease of use.

i wont go on and try to convince you why OS X is better than Windows. now that will be OT. i'm posting this only bcos i think it's silly to lament/rant abt how other folks are so completely happy with their ipods and stock earbuds.

i hope some of you guys do realise that this "fruity" company you have referred to, is actually Apple Computer, Inc, and that at the end of the day, their main business is still computers.

and before anyone is mistaken, i didnt bring this up to justify why the iPod isnt necessary the best portable media player available on the market.

i just want to point out that there are many, many people out there, who too, do not know what they have been missing out in OS X. i was selling laptops (with Apple) at a laptop fair recently, and ALOT of these potential laptop buyers say that they think that the Mac is difficult to use...when they have never even tried to use one. now does that sound familiar? saying something is bad although one has no prior experience in using that product. and these laptop buyers are educated people too, tertiary students/staff to be precise. if you believe me, the greatest selling points of a Mac are its stability and (gasp!) its ease of use.

i wont go on and try to convince you why OS X is better than Windows. now that will be OT. i'm posting this only bcos i think it's silly to lament/rant abt how other folks are so completely happy with their ipods and stock earbuds.

Oh, my first "serious" computer was an Apple IIe equipped with a 64K (!) 80 column CP/M card. The CPU was a blazing fast 1 Mhz (!) Ah, Wilson and me had a good time waxing nostalgia on the good 'ol days :))

I know Apple computers are easy to use. Their computers look and feel beautiful. I mean, look at the aluminium G5 towers. In retrospect, they probably needed those aluminium to cool off their notoriously hot PowerPC chips, but that's an entirely different story :)) At that time, all PC's were all boring beige and square boxes. I don't think that has changed all that much over the years.

I mean, what got me was that Apple played hard and fast with their "facts" and marketing vs the PC. And the adoring fans lapped it all up. Those in the know sorta laughed at the naivete of their fans. The "fastest PC" ever, the "most reliable" - heh, yeah, right. In their eyes, Apple could do no wrong.

Apple has always been a marketing and design company. A computer company? Huh? A software company I can acknowledge, but a hardware company? Their PC's uses bog standard off-the-shelf parts. PCIe slots, IDE HDD's, USB & firewire, ATI & nVidia video cards. About the only Apple specific hardware in there is Firewire. Granted the video cards needed Apple-specific firmware to run, but it's all bog-standard. Apple provides a pretty case and its admittedly excellent OS to run, at a hefty margin. There were some who thought that with the switch to Intel, prices for Apple hardware would come down, but that hasn't happened.

No, my friends. Any, I do mean, ANY company that can garner that kind of customer loyalty is surely deserving of respect. Apple wasn't the first to the MP3 market. Arguably, their MP3's aren't the best-of-breed. But their design and marketing blew away all its competitors. Let's face it....prior to Apple's arrival, most MP3 players don't look good. I still have one of Creative's Nomad smartmedia player, and the original Diamond Rio player. They were U-G-L-Y :P

Ease of use is one thing. I do actually prefer the wide variety of software that Windows OS offers me. I'm primarily a gamer, and more often than not games available on Windows aren't available on Mac.

Plus the fact that Fruity stuff are massively overpriced. I'm not going to slap now $2k+ for a horribly expensive cum crappy hardware box that screams "Hey look at me I'm white!" when I can build a near top-of-the-line PC for less than that.

That's my two cents. But hey, I'm an anti-apple fanboy and am prone to going into deranged bursts of rage whenever I see Fruity products.

:b2t

Mac OS should be easier to use than windows but there are only a few functions that are superior to windows. Yes, you have met educated people but not knowledgeable people.

Knowledgeable people in headphone field will know that stock earphone are cheap bundle products that enable user to use immediately after opening the package. For a better comfortable and sound, an additional earphone purchases is a must.

If these "folks" happily listen to their Ipod and nothing else, I am OK. Yet those "folks" of yours can really talk bad about other products. This is karma, 因果循环。

ah hah! Something to share for all! :))

I'm not sure how many of the forumers know about "OS X-look" for PCs. It has the Mac dock and of course, Mac tabs etc.. I'm both a Mac & PC user. So with this "Add-on", i find alot of convenience with the Mac's drag-and-drop functions.

Here's the site : FlyakiteOSX

They have got a preview popup. Play along in it. The download link is in the preview window.

In my personal preference, i will choose not to install the modification for MSN Messenger. The "OS X-look" messenger does not allows you to view display pictures of your friends, as well as yourself. I 'upgraded' everything except for the MSN Messenger.

Have fun! Cheers!

Apple has always been a marketing and design company. A computer company? Huh? A software company I can acknowledge, but a hardware company?

i believe that is incorrect. Apple is indeed a hardware company. else they would have simply licensed OS X to other PC sellers such Dell (i mention Dell here bcos Michael Dell had publicly stated his interest in offering OS X on his products), and profit the same way Bill Gates did, and is still doing, if they are a software company.

Edited by rkivie

anyway my original point, if it wasnt clear enough, was that there will always be opposing camps of product supporters: AMD vs Intel, Windows vs OS X, Ipods vs Creative/Iaudio/Iriver, etc and who knows, perhaps even my mum may be engaged in a Darlie vs Colgate discussion with her auntie friends at the market (ok just kidding). i chose to talk abt the laptops only bcos it happened to me most recently.

this is simply yet another way that imperfection information exists in the market. people will back, diss, argue over their fav (and rival) products over and over again. have always been like this, and always will be.

I believe there's reason for why you uses a Creative or why did you choose to use Apple. Or some of you even went on to Intel/Mac. I believe many chose to buy their products for their strong points, not because just you hated the other party.

You liked them(whichever side you're on, or neutral) because of their style they are trying to deliver or the package of the entire idea which attracted you. Of course there is room for suggestions for both parties. IMHO, I see one of them should do analyise on their marketing, the other should consider a wider-based market. You decide. :D

comparing ep630 with a ck5? another ignorant ipod fanboy. sorry i'm a new user of this creative that's why feeling esp disgusted by your classmate.

haha xenocide if i were you i'd run away with the zen vision lol jk...

i'd hav ran! but creative was so afriad that i might spoil the player (since they say they bear any damage to the player incurred by me) that they call on on sa morning stating that they have 1 white set for replacement. Ask me to go down for the swop!. hahaha!

i tot they also state that "IF" somehow u dun "enjoy" that player, u can go back to them with the player,

within the warranty period, and exchange for the ZVM!!

i think maybe they repair your old set then giv you back as replacement set????

well that is true though.. but like i've said.. they already called me up for exchange of the correct player.

my old player is beyond repair(HDD failure)

they took a brand new set, of the shelves, open it right in front of me and gav it to me

so fair twice... Creative has not let me down on thier service